Free-App Hero on sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Herosoft Ltd, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Herosoft Ltd

Herosoft Ltd Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2010
  2. Herosoft Ltd

Nov 23, 2010
    #2 Herosoft Ltd, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    To commemorate reaching the special landmark of 642 games featured since launch, we've cut the price of the App Store's finest freebie filter to 99p/59c once again.

I recommend getting in now at this super-bargain rate before the release of FAH 2.0, a major update that should be along in the next week or so...

3. ak47killa

ak47killa Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Why do i need this when I have App Shopper for free?

4. Herosoft Ltd

Nov 23, 2010
    Because it does something completely different.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Got this when it was free a while back and, while I can't say that there aren't some duds in their lists (which claim to weed out the junk), I have found some free stuff that I didn't notice while combing App Shopper. So it's been a fairly handy tool (of course, I didn't pay for it so that makes a difference).

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Would you say it's better than AppZapp (if you've tried it)? With that you can select a category to follow, i.e. games, and then other people with the app can vote them up or down, so the "Popular" list usually shows the best games on sale/free.

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Can't say I've tried AppZapp, but seeing as there's a free version of it, I'll have to give it shot. The 'up' or 'down' voting sounds like a good idea.

Free-App Hero pretty much focuses just on games (don't even remember a non-game being in there). They give mini-reviews of the games they pick so you get a better idea of whether it's something you want to get.

I personally don't think FAH is worth the original asking price of $4.99 (no offense Herosoft as there's plenty of other app filters available for much less), but for a buck, there's probably some value in having it.

8. Herosoft Ltd

Nov 23, 2010
    Small point - the original asking price was $1.99, not $4.99. We've moved the price up and down a fair bit as an experiment, since it's our first app and we wanted to find out what effect various ones had, but the "base" price that it's spent most of its time at is $1.99.