BoxBug 1.0.2 waiting for review

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by comtefly, Apr 24, 2011.

1. comtefly

comtefly Member

Dec 30, 2010
    developer
    China ChongQing
    BoxBug1.0.2 is waiting for review:).I add 38 levels, now it have 118 levels. and I change all pictures, make the game like doodle style for good feeling when u play it. I think most friends don't know how to start play the new puzzle game, because it have sepcial simple rules, simple box and bug can make u feel puzzling.
    so i upload a video about the BoxBug 1.0.2 to ;)youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoyc4B4Ia2o
    by the way, sorry for the low detail video cause my low detail camera.:eek:

2. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Man, what a shame this low resolution thing is the only piece of media you're sharing. Come one, don't be shy and at least get up some screenshots. Cause I'm sure this ain't helping, with the tiny tidbit of info, you're offering :/

3. comtefly

comtefly Member

Dec 30, 2010
    developer
    China ChongQing
    #3 comtefly, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
    sorry, sorry for my media that make u feel puzzling too much.:eek:

ScreenShot of BoxBug 1.0.2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    They don't look anywhere near bright enough for a game.
    Doodle has been done over and over again. Try a different kind of color design. Like Retro or just regular colors.

5. comtefly

comtefly Member

Dec 30, 2010
    developer
    China ChongQing
    The pictures used in BoxBug Designed and drawn by myself, it's a little hard for a beginner:eek: in art design. so i hope BoxBug can be grown up by all of you any kind of advices, thank u.:)

6. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    The ingame gfx looks really nice. I think you could make it a bit more contrasting. Also have the black borders of the blocks be squiqqly like the inside, so it's not that straight cutout looking. Kinda ruins the handdrawn look for me.

That said, everything else loooks so rushed. Please consider redoing the menu and level selection screen in proper quality. It looks like you got tired after really pushing the ingame part, that you just spit the rest out inbetween a walk to the toilet and dinner time. I don't even really understand how you could let this slip through in that state. You must be aware of the huge different in quality between ingame and menu art, aren't you ?

Please polish it some more to have a consistent level of quality, and you have something nice on your plate :)

7. comtefly

comtefly Member

Dec 30, 2010
    developer
    China ChongQing

yes, I will make it better for next update of BoxBug. very thank u for u advices.:)