2D Artist Needed - Paid

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Subject92, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Subject92

Subject92 New Member

Dec 18, 2010
    #1 Subject92, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
    EDIT: All I have to say is, well..."Wow" This is an amazing community! My post was live for only 48 hours and I've already got a bunch of reply's through PM and mainly email. I thank everyone who read this post and contacted me exited and ready to get to work. Everyone I've talked to so far seems nearly perfect for this game, however two people have stood out, and I'll be making my decision shortly.

Mods, Admins, you are free to close this thread if you so choose, and to anyone who stumbles across this. At the moment I feel I will be getting the artist I need, so please do not contact me unless I post a new thread on the matter. Thanks again for all your interest. You will each be hearing from me individually.

Hello all!

A friend of mine and I have a few ideas for some games on the iDevice, there is one we really want to do. Just to be clear everything I am talking about here is paid work. I am not some thirteen year old kid trying to make an FPS by myself, here is whats up:

Without going into the details of our idea, we want to make a fighting game. My friend is usually the one who handles all the 2d aspects of our personal development, however he had to take up another job and is to busy to do any work on our games at the moment. I unfortunately posses no skills in 2d art what so ever, I handle sound design and light 3D art.

I am going to be needing someone who can compose and animate 2d objects. I will be using "GameSalad" to get this app out as soon as I can, so when I say 2D I don't mean textures for 3d stuff.

I am willing to be flexible as far as how much I pay, so we can discuss that once I am contacted. However there are a few things I will require in order to work with you:

I would like some examples of games you have worked on in the past, be they on that iDevice and in the app store or not, I will just need some sort of real-time example to see your visual style and skill level.

My other requirement is obvious to me, but I feel I should be clear. You must be 18 or over. I would prefer someone older of course, but that really is the only requirement.

If you would like to contact me you may do so here, through PM or by replying to this post, or you can send me an email at: [email protected]

Thanks for you time!

2. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Can I design the fighters? I'm really good at drawing and am quite creative when it comes to coming up with fun players. PM me if interested, so I can give you more info.

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    What kind of style are you after?

4. Subject92

Subject92 New Member

Dec 18, 2010
    @runformoney1110, I'll send you a PM now.

@don_k, well, as far as what style we are going for, we are pretty open minded. At first we were thinking 16 bit graphics, to mimic old consoles like the SNES or Genisis. However I'm not sure how well that will work now that the iDevices are equipped with such high resolution screens.

I know it's odd asking for creative help when I have said nealry nothing about the game. If you are interested, I can send you the little concept art we have done so far.

5. El Sato

El Sato Member

May 23, 2010
    im interested :) check http://www.el-sato.com thats my portfolio, and yeah im over 18 (25 actually)
    if you want to contact me better write a mail, i dont read my pm's too often xD
    mail : [email protected]

6. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Hey, subject, did you read my reply?

7. Subject92

Subject92 New Member

Dec 18, 2010
    @El Sato, nice man! You have a nice and "welcoming" artistic style! Your animations are increadibly smooth for such low resolution graphics. I find most sprites look choppy, at least what I can make. Anyway, I'll send you a PM tomorrow to discuss something with you, although it's not directly related to this project.

@runformoney1110, Sorry for the delayed reply my good sir! I've explained everything I need at the moment in a reply, and look forward to hearing from you!

To anyone else who reads this post! Please read my edit at the first post of this thread!!