Just recently became a developer, need advice.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Austin:], Mar 17, 2010.

1. Austin:]

Austin:] Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Okay, you guys all know that I have an app reviewing website right? Well, I just signed up as a developer and have been learning how to use Objective-C, Cocoa, and all of these other thngs.

I need some advice, what is the best way to make a website into an app, how would I auto update it, put RSS. etc.

And should it be free? My app icon is on the website if that helps. I'm a teenager so I am not too good at coding. I could really use some advice. Thanks guys

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Well, the first step is to stop annoying me with messages to tell me to check out your site.

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    You could just implement a mobile site that checks if the user is on a mobile device, and if he/she is, change the theme.

4. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    /thread

5. Austin:]

Feb 22, 2010
    I don't think I'm up for that. I want to actually start making apps. It's been my life long dream ever since I became a Mac Geek

Anyway. I was wondering if It would be appropriate to insert in an in-app purchase feature that let's my users download my video packs for 0.99. Or is that a bad idea?

Also, I was wondering if you guys no any websites on how to code? Found this thing that does it for you called iPod Wizard, but I don't wanna dish out 129.95.

I am open to all suggestions. Thanks guys. I truly want to make this a great app!

6. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Make it free, put ads, put DLC if you want to. The ads will eventually overtake the cost of iPod wizard.

7. Austin:]

Feb 22, 2010
    Okay, This is gonna take forever. I have no clue how to code.:(

8. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Hi Austin I think you might have a long road ahead of you. If you really have "no clue" how to code I think you might need to take a step back, and postpone the iPhone side of things for a while. On the other hand you did write:

Which indicates that you should at least have a clue. ;) I also think your question is probably a bit to vague for people to answer at this stage.