Problem with other dev site?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by GameViewPoint, Feb 10, 2012.

1. GameViewPoint

GameViewPoint Active Member

Feb 4, 2012
    before I go any futher..

DO NOT GO TO THE SITE I'M JUST ABOUT TO MENTION, UNLESS YOU KNOW IT'S OK TO DO SO.

Right then, is anyone having problems getting into iphonedevsdk? I tried getting into it this morning and instantly got a "web page warning msg" and now google is reporting them as being a site that might "harm your computer" everything was fine last night, I was wondering if anyone else is having an issue with them?

2. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Probably someone posted a bad link on this forum or they've been hacked and now it has been black listed. This happens a lot but fortunately they can ask google to re-evaluate the site once it has been clean up.

JC

3. LiamAtDevour

LiamAtDevour Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Co-founder/Programmer at Devour Games
    Brisbane, Australia.
    #3 LiamAtDevour, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
    Yeah, even trusted websites can suddenly be hit with a virus. I was using imageshack regularly for years, then all of a sudden (about 1.5 years ago) chrome gave me a warning. I ignored it because I'd been on just a few hours before and got hit with a nasty virus. Had to reformat my PC.

4. Rocotilos

Rocotilos Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    iOS Apps & Games Developer
    It's not the first time either.
    Happened 3-4 times last year.
    Sucks though. I feel somebody
    is attacking the website, but im
    just speculating here

5. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    iphonedevsdk is often flag like this.
    sometimes when I didn't have my daily drug of forum post, I just ignore the message and hope that my antivirus will protect me..

Nothing happen to my computer... yet.

6. nicolasgb

nicolasgb Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Co-founder at HereWeGames : http://www.facebook.co
    Paris, France
    Got the warning too, got in anyway, nothing has happened so far. Sounds safe.

7. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Happens a lot to that site. Given that nearly all the people that visit that site probably have ITC accounts (if not access their bank accounts as well), it's a goldmine for hackers to place trojans. I will only visit that site every once in a while on a PC that I don't use for anything else.