Nexus 7 or IPod touch 4?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by BobCat5142, Apr 30, 2013.

1. BobCat5142

BobCat5142 Member

Apr 19, 2013
    What's better for gaming and web searching? Nexus 7 or IPod Touch 4th gen? Thanks!

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmmmm asking on an iOS forum whats better ?

Believe it or not i may say the ipod touch !

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I dunno, I'm almost inclined to say the Nexus 7 if it's the 4th gen iPod you're considering. That's the weakest iOS device available now and I'm seeing more and more developers recommending at least a 5th gen Touch. Not that I really like the Nexus at all, but it's more of a tablet, and I prefer tablets.

For web searching I'd say it's an easy win for the Nexus, but with games you've got a choice between a superior games library but potentially iffy performance, or a weaker games library and potentially decent performance. Depends what kind of games you like really.

4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I wouldn't really get a 4th generation Touch at this point. I'm still perfectly fine with mine, but nowadays I mostly just use as a music player. If I was still as into iOS gaming as when I registered here, I'd definitely have upgraded by now.

5. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Between those two I'd say Nexus 7.

If you can afford it though, the iPad beats everything.

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've got both and I'd go with the Nexus 7. I'll play on that before using the Touch for gaming. And the N7 is great for surfing around as well, of course the bigger screen is a plus and it can be customized to your choice of look.
    So I'd go with the Nexus 7 although nothing mentioned even compares to my iPad 4.:)

7. Ipad mini 2 with retina screen. But you may have to wait a couple of months...

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I bought a Nexus 7 recently for the price it's very good but my cell phone outperforms it in a lot of ways most surprising being in battery life, it isn't really that it has bad battery life but I do find it does drain way to much on standby (I might have corrected that with a deep sleep app though but it's too early to tell).

I've also had issues with Google now not even giving me the weather cards probably due to my location in fairness but still annoys me.

For the money the Nexus is a pretty good buy but if you get one stick deep sleep battery saver pro on there and be aware Google will be announcing a new one in a few weeks more than likely.

9. BobCat5142

BobCat5142 Member

Apr 19, 2013
    iPod or Nexus 7

Thanks everyone. I only ask because I am not fortunate enough to be able to afford an iPad, and my iPod touch 4 is lagging in web surfing and I find many games on the App Store I can't play due to crashing on an older device! So I think I might switch to Nexus 7 cause I have always wanted a tablet and don't really need my iPod.

10. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Nexus 7. The iPod touch will not be able to play all the games out there soon. But the iPod touch has a good collection of apps you can download... If you don't need to play intensive games then the iPod toich may be better.

11. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Well it is an iOS forum, so biased answers must be acceptable... So here goes :

The nexus 7 has good specs, screen, and that's about it for me. It has a nice look to it, good hardware, but it does lack the good funcionality an apple product has just based on the performance and ease of access.

I would go for the nexus 7 in gaming because of the ipod 4 lack of games compatible with it now, and for the future. So the nexus 7 wins, but you have to keep in mind I believe the iPod touch 4 deserves the award for functionality, just not gaming.

What are some titles you are looking to play?