POiSE[arcade, android, iOS]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by modmaker, Jun 22, 2013.

1. modmaker

modmaker Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Hello folks!
    Just want to announce our game, which is coming soon on yours mobile devices. I would be happy to hear your suggestions and criticisms.

POiSE is an amazing arcade game that tells about the adventures of a funny alien named Spike. Spike's ship was wrecked among the asteroid belt. He’ll have to struggle out of scope of the asteroid belt by the use of a special rescue capsule to reach the ship that come to the rescue. Each level is one of the asteroids, where Spike needs to balance a certain amount of time, waiting opportunity for jumping to the next level. At the moment, the asteroid belt has 30 celestial bodies of various shapes and sizes.
    The game is developed on HTML5 game engine ScirraConstruct 2 that is multi-platform and allows you to play on any platforms that support HTML5, which is currently booming. At the moment, there is a portability of the game on the following platforms: iOS; Android; BlackBerry 10; WindowsPhone 8; WindowsXP, 7, 8; Linux; MacOS; WebBrowser (Kongregate, ArmorGames, Newgrounds and other web sites) and Firefox OS and Google Chrome Store.

Couple of screenshots -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And some video.
    This trailer shows you the result of months of hard work, of course, not all is realized in this video, and the games graphic is not the best quality, but we're going to work hard and improove all this bits in the future.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-7TiTQbmKE&feature=player_embedded
    If you do like it, please follow our public on facebook and you might get the game for free!
    PS sorry about my English grammar, I`m originaly from Russia.

2. modmaker

modmaker Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Hello everyone! Last news.
    1. Together with the start of development of mobile versions of the game (iOS, Android) using game engine Corona SDK, we also began process of optimisation for mobile platforms! In early tests with C2 we noticed that weaker devices have a drop of fps, which was due to use of particles. We took a decision to stop using particles
    completely and switched to sprite animation, which will increase performance and will make the game more attractive.

3. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

How to get 3 star in game?

4. modmaker

modmaker Member

Jun 22, 2013
    At the moment it`s very simple system. You shouldn`t lose any hearths(lives) and then you will get 3 star. But we will improve this thing. Maybe you have any suggestions?

We got an idea: what do you think about an option for two players to be able to play on one computer (Windows, Linux, Mac, Web versions of the game)? First player: WASD;
    Second player: Arrows.
    Should we implement such an idea?

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

#5 Cynuyt, Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    Okey, i think it is a great idea. Trying do it?

6. modmaker

modmaker Member

Jun 22, 2013
    My Friends, latest news.
    Completed new graphic content – visual effects of capsule being covered in frost or cracked from damage. We still need to add animations to these effects, but once that’s done the game will shine in whole new colours.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. modmaker

modmaker Member

Jun 22, 2013
  8. modmaker

modmaker Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Hi Folks!

Unexpected effect! Before, during the game, some of the asteroids were changing direction of their rotation and catching the player off guard, but we had only 5 such levels throughout the game. However, because it’s fun and because it adds some spice to gameplay we decided to increase the number of levels with such ‘surprises’.
    We continue testing new forms of asteroids and trying to maintain the difficulty balance and excitement of completion! Anyone has a chance to participate in their creation: for example you can sketch a shape of an asteroid and send it here to us: https://www.facebook.com/poisegame