Is it worth JBing iPad 3 for iMame4all and iCade

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, May 28, 2012.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

I currently have non jailbroken ipad3 and iMame but am thinking about getting iCade. Is it worth JBing, bearing in mind I currently have iMame?

2. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    iCade works with iMame on non jailbroken devices as well, so what's the incentive there to jailbreak? Just curious, maybe imame4all has better playability? I have a non jailbroken iPad 2 with iMame and the iCade and been very happy with that setup so far.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If you jailbreak you'll be able to install other 'emulators' on your ipad. But if you just want iMame (which you've already got) then theres no point.

Okay heres a question while we're here !

I have an ipad 2 (non jailbroken), iMame on it (which i managed to get when it appeared in the app store for 48 hours in December), i'm thinking of getting an ipad3.

If i get an ipad3 will i be able to install iMAME on it or will it not install on anything else as its been deleted from the app store ? Its just i want to be 100% certain as if i get this ipad 3 (and my sister buys my ipad 2) i'll be devastated if i cant get imame to work on my ipad3 and icade !

4. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    As long as you have it on your computer you can. Has to be on your computer/LapTop though as you cannot redownload apps that have been removed from the store. I have apps that have been pulled, they sync fine to new devices.

5. AaronLee

AaronLee Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Interactive Designer
    Philadelphia
    You can do this by backing up your iPad 2 apps on iTunes, and then syncing your iPad 3 to that same iTunes. I've transferred imame from my 2 to my girlfriends 3 this way. Some people have reported the ability to look at your purchase history on the app store app and download imame from there, but since it was removed from the app store I've never seen it in my purchase list.

6. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

I transferred iMame from iTunes to my ipad3. Twas really easy for something involving said program. iMame only emulates one rom set, is it possible to emulate any console etc once jailbroken e.g SNES, megadrive, newer arcade games with JB software?

7. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    I would say blutrol alone justifies jailbreaking the iPad!

greetings

MJFox

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Cheers. Just wanted to be sure iMame would work still!

Thanks again