Free Playdek game! Can't Stop -> Free; Fluxx on sale for 1.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm sorry, no appinfo...could someone add it please?

2. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011

Fluxx

Playdek, Inc.
    Playdek and Looney Labs team up to bring this amazingly fun card game to mobile devices. Fluxx fuses its chaotic and fun…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Playdek and Looney Labs team up to bring this amazingly fun card game to mobile devices. Fluxx fuses its chaotic and fun game play with offline and online features that fans have come to love in Playdek games! Featuring New Rule cards that change the rules of the game and Action cards that create chaos. Even the object of winning the game changes during play, as players swap out one Goal card for another. The Fluxx card game has earned the Mensa Select Award for games that meet Mensa’s high standards of originality, playability and design. Features: - Offline and Online play for 2-4 players - Human and AI opponents - In-game Chat - Pass-and-play Multiplayer - Full asynchronous support for multiplayer online games - Invite your friends to play online games - Online player stats - Tutorial Recommended for iPhone 6 and later; iPad 5th Generation and later; iPad Mini 2 and later; iPod Touch 6th Generation; iOS 11 and later. **AN INTERNET CONNECTION AND PLAYDEK ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED FOR ONLINE PLAY** Per our Terms of Service, you must be 13 years old or older to use the Playdek online games service.
    Information
    Seller:Playdek, Inc.
    Genre:Board, Family, Card, Strategy
    Release:Dec 13, 2012
    Updated:Nov 12, 2021
    Version:2.1.5
    Size:206.4 MB
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Can't Stop

Playdek brings the venerable Sid Sackson classic to 3D!
    Featuring a push-your-luck dice mechanic, this classic game …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Playdek brings the venerable Sid Sackson classic to 3D!
    Featuring a push-your-luck dice mechanic, this classic game pits up to 4 players in a race for the top!

Roll four dice to make pairs and start your climb to the top, but beware, the moment you fail to advance, you lose all progress! Next time, try to roll better! Rolling hot? You’ll earn Streaks!

How to play: Roll four dice and select from the pairs presented to place a “runner” on the numbered column. Subsequent rolls either add a new runner or advance a runner that’s already on the board. You only get three runners and when they are on the board, you must roll an advancing pair, fail to do so and you lose all your progress! When a player claims three columns, the game ends!
    You Can Look Forward to Getting Hooked On:
    •Beautiful 3d and animations
    •Original Music and sound effects
    •Up to 4 players: Single Player and Pass-and-Play Multiplayer
    •Variable levels of AI
    •Game Center Achievements
    •Streak Meter

Praise for the classic board game:
    •Spiel des Jahres: Game of the Year Nominee 1982
    •Games Magazine: Best Family Game Nominee 2008
    •Major FUN: Major FUN Award 2008

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad, iPad2 and iPad3.
    Requires: iOS 4.2 or later.
    Requires: Game Center account required for Achievements
    Platform: iOS Universal App

Also by Playdek
    Summoner Wars; Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer; Food Fight iOS; Nightfall; Fluxx; Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Board, Dice, Strategy
    Release:Oct 10, 2012
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

I can't really recommend either tbh, but Fluxx might be more palatable if we get some DLC down the line.

3. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    Very cool... that's the only playdek game I don't have.

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Get it for the coolest tunes I have heard in a boardgame.

The game is pretty fun too.

Disclosure: I paid for my own copy of Can't Stop app.

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    It's hard not to recommend a Playdek game for free :)

Haven't played it yet, and sure, not every Playdek game is perfect...it obviously boils down to how solid the physical game is itself. But, Playdek usually executes the transition to ios as accurately as can be expected.

I just picked up Le Havre, so I'll probably grab Fluxx (the only Paydek game I don't have; I also own every iap except for the Ascension promo card) at a later date.