Artist Needed

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by chrs944, Dec 23, 2010.

1. chrs944

chrs944 Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Ok, so here's my issue, I've got a great game, original idea and it is nearly complete but my art needs some work.

I'd like to start putting together a press kit for the app and get a nice background for the games website, facebook page and twitter account made.

I need something that really stands out. The problem is, I'm not so good with computer art and I have no money to pay anyone with. The only things that I have to offer to whoever wants to help me out is a credit in the apps credits section, a mention of the artist in the apps description and free hosting on a dedicated server that I own.

I don't want to see this game go to waste because the artwork isn't up to par. I've sat here many nights trying to do some of the artwork and I just can't do it. So I'm hoping that someone here would consider helping out.

Thanks

2. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    If you have no money to pay someone, then theres very little chance of success. Id gladly help you out and draw up some greeat art, but for no pay at all? Sorry. Ill settle for at least $50 in iTunes gift cards, depending on the amount of work you demand. Pm me if interested so we can negotiate.

3. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Try a split profit deal with an artist (i.e. 70/30) The art/graphics sells the game before it's played, so the art quality is very important.

4. chrs944

chrs944 Member

Dec 23, 2010
    A split profit deal might be something I'm interested in and I totally get that the art brings in the sales... I'd be interested in profit sharing for a future project but for this particular game I have all the in-game graphics done, I just need the marketing material and in my opinion 70/30 wouldn't be worth it at this point.

5. kelvin

kelvin New Member

Dec 22, 2010
    HI,chrs944
    i am interested in it.
    would you mind add me in msn?
    msn:[email protected]
    thanks

6. chrs944

chrs944 Member

Dec 23, 2010
  7. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Send me a pm with a little bit of info about the game, man, What kind of art-style are you going for, what you need, etc. I may be able to help.

It has been said but art-style is one of the #1 things you need in order to catch the attention of a gamer.

8. chrs944

chrs944 Member

Dec 23, 2010
    pm sent