Eh... Driver's controls?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Feb 8, 2010.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I just played the free version of Driver (one mission? Really? :|), and the controls were bothering me a little bit I usually play with a virtual stick, and I was glad to see that when using the virtual stick, the handbrake is mapped to the right side of the screen. I want the e-brake to be separate from the movement controls.

The problem with the joystick is that it's not nearly sensitive enough. I had it to the far left of the screen, and my car was barely turning.

So the D-pad is much better in that aspect... but the e-brake is still mapped to it.

In the full version of the game, is there any way I can customize where the controls are? Like could I have just the left and right directions on the d-pad on the left, and the e-brake above the drive/brake controls? Or will I just have to get used to it?

2. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    there is no option to customize it, but you will get used to it, trust me. I play perfectly using the dpad controls and have not experienced a problem yet. I just use the drift buttons a lot.

3. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Personally im waiting for 99c after the 1/2 a mission lite!

4. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Lol, are you serious? Gameloft's gonna make a 400 MB perfect-port top-notched graphics featured game 99 cents because you didn't have enough in the lite version?

5. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    This game was so totally beast and worth the 6.99. I bought it the day it was released and beat it like a week or so ago. I have no problem with the controls, and loved pretty much everything about this game.

6. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Okay, thank you for the input :)

Is the full game ever really difficult?