Soundbrush (really neat ipad music app/toy) -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

I should have posted this earlier...I guess I was just lazy. This is a pretty awesome app. You "paint music", the color you use determines the instrument; it plays while you paint but you can also save a "painting" for playback later. The note is bent by painting along the y axis, duration is controlled by paitning left to right. I don't think there are any standard audio export options, but it is a fun, easy musical toy. Plus you can rage and see what plays ;)

2. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Oh, you can export your composition as an m4a file or use Soundcloud...I din't think those features were available when I got it. Cool!

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Looks nice! Full retina too, thanks for the tip.

4. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Thanks, looks great, interesting visual and audio combination.

5. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Cool app! Thanks for the heads up! I was enjoying messing around with this app when it got my daughter's attention. Now I'm not sure I'm going to get my ipad back from my her anytime soon. :) She's been having a blast drawing pictures and hearing the music they create. App is easy to use and works great!

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thanks for the heads up - for some reason it is reminding me of Instant Music for the Commodore 64... :eek:

[​IMG]

7. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm always amazed when I think back to what developers did with 64 KILOBYTES of memory and no internal storage.

...that also tangentially reminds me of a break-dancing game for the C-64 I used to love...I need to hunt that down.