NFL 2011 by gameloft... Passing and touch controls

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Rain1dog, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Before I slam gameloft... Make sure it's not me screwing up. When I drop back to pass and WRs numbers pop over their head, when I tap repeatedly on the number I want to throw to, my quarterback turns to a RB. The numbers disappear and buttons turn from pass to run and I get sacked nonstop. I have to tap nonstop on WR number cause it seems the touch sensitivity is off and my QB never pass's.

Anyone have better luck than, I?

Is it me doing something wrong, or shoddy controls?

2. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    #2 Rain1dog, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    Anyone....

Nevermind, from all the review sites I visited they stated that passing is a gamble of the dice. Most times equalling a sack. Which is what I get almost everytime I drop back. Everytime I drop back to pass and I tap the wideouts button my QB turns to a RB. If he stays in passing form when I tap the number for my Wideout nothing happens.

O well gameloft suckered me out some cash. What gets me is that SOMEBODY aged this as a final product and had to know how crappy the controls were and they still released it. Basically stealing. I expect way more from a bigtime game dev.

I'd be way more willing to be understanding if a few people got together and developed a game in their spare time.

Gameloft wanted the game out first before madden no matter the cost. Well gameloft you got my money THIS one time as far as sport games are conceded.

3. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I would've replied much earlier but I don't have the game. I'm observing from the sidelines to see which of the two, NFL or Madden, I should buy. However, based on the comments in this forum, it appears you hit a general complaint on the head when talking about the controls. That's too bad, since the vids looked pretty good. This may be enough to tip me over to buy Madden, even though, again based simply on the gameplay vids, NFL looks like it has smoother, heftier and more varied animation.

4. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I had no problem at all with the passing in this game. In fact I thought it was probably the best part of the game. Much smoother than Madden. Give it some more time. This game is def on par with Madden.

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    No, Madden is way better.