Do You Think..

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by d1, Oct 24, 2009.

?

Is TA too closely regulated?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    61.5%
  3. Sometimes

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    That TA is too closely regulated sometimes?

I do.

2. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Yes.

edit: but some threads do get underregulated (word?)

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Nope. It needs to be a little more strict about off topic spam posts if anything. None of my posts have been deleted unless they were completely inappropriate. I've contacted the mods every time my posts were deleted and found out they were deleted for perfectly fine reasons. I think to date not more than 10 posts of mine have been deleted and of those ten 5 or so were in the same thread only where I (and a few others) were making a big fuss about 5 odd shill reviews from the dev. At that time it felt completely inappropriate that mods were doing this but now when I look back I realize we took it a bit over the top for a simple mistake by a new dev who didn't have much idea how AppStore really works.

So my answer will be a big NO.

4. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Not at all. In fact, sometimes things seem to get a little too out of hand before someone steps in--I can think of a few situations where so-called "senior members" were just plain nasty to new members simply because they thought they were being "noobish."

( I am thinking about the situation in the Minigore thread where there was a poster from France, and everyone was just trying to make him angrier and angrier...and several "senior" members were eventually given infractions over their behavior. I don't think that new member ever came back to the forum, and I can't say I blame him. :( ) And, yes, I was one of the numerous people who reported the situation to the mods when it happened.

For the most part, though, I think the board is moderated to the extent that it needs to be, and I think that most of the mods use good common sense. Occasionally I think that a particular mod will be a little "heavy-handed," but most are not. Also, remember that this is a privately-owned forum, and it can be moderated however the owner sees fit. I think overall they are doing a pretty good job--and considering the volume of posts, I am sure it's not an easy job!

5. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    No, it's not closely regulated nor overly-regulated for most part.

It's just about right. I did think that sometimes a mod should step in more often with regards to newbie bullying. But I don't see it happening so much anymore these days, so maybe something has been done about it. :)

6. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    No. Forums need to be regulated otherwise would not work.

7. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Can I ask what you are referring to?

8. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Seems reasonable. I've had a few arguments here but I don't recall any of my posts ever being deleted (a few have been moved though)... you can have a disagreement while staying on topic and without resorting to insults. The mods seem to appreciate that so it's all fine by me... the rules here are more or less the same as every other forum, if you break them you're obviously being an ass and deserve what you get.

10. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
  11. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    UGh. Why would you want anyone to see that crap.

But I do agree there`s been worse pics/gifs which didnt get removed even though they were a lot(read a lot lot lot lot lot lot) more disgusting than this one. *cough*eliminatespamthread*cough*

12. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    It also depends on what posts gets reported. So if you think something is objectionable then report it.

13. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    With half of the posts in the thread coming from mods/admins does anyone really need to report it :rolleyes:

14. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    All the mods do a great job, it is one of the less hellish and flame warish boards I've ever seen, *two thumbs up*

15. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
  16. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    +1 on both points

17. P0tent1al

P0tent1al Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    European Account Manager
    United Kingdom
    Absolutely agree..
    I have seen the death of many a unregulated forum... it gets so bad, you just can't be bothered posting...

Keep up the great work! :)

18. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    keep up the good work, mods

19. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Student
    The US
  20. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Cant say for sure, all ive seen so far is some Electronics advertisment deleted, the guy didnt even have a website, just MSN and E-mail... sketchy