PR: Van Dyk Entertainment Releases Slice 'n Dice Ninja (Promo Code Giveaway)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by GarrettVD, Feb 21, 2012.

1. GarrettVD

GarrettVD Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Facebook Integration Consultant
    Canada
    #1 GarrettVD, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    Hey everyone!

My name is Garrett Van Dyk, and I am an independent iOS application developer based in Ontario, Canada. I'd like to take this opportunity to annouce my first release, Slice 'n Dice Ninja, on the TouchArcade forums. In addition, I will be giving away 5 FREE PROMO CODES, and perhaps some more after those run out! First come, first serve, folks!

All you have to do is go to our Facebook page, LIKE our fanpage, and SHARE our launch (it's a few posts down, here it is verbatim: We've released the iOS version of Slice 'n Dice Ninja on the App Store! Check it out today! http://t.co/LBwHEeMX). Post in this thread to ensure you get it! :)

Check us out on Twitter, as well!

Here is some information regarding the game:

UPDATE: Promotional codes have all been given away via direct message. I will be releasing a few more in the near futures, so keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook and Twitter pages!

2. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #2 dclose, Feb 21, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    Done and done! :) Would love a promo code, thanks!

BTW, the stuff to reshare is about a dozen posts down the page, well-hidden below the fold. The game does look very stylish though; great graphics!

3. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    Thank you! Please check your DM for your promo code! :)

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont really use my twitter but i did on facebook. Would like to have a promo code please. :)

5. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    Not a problem, check your inbox :)

6. omerkarakaya

omerkarakaya Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Male
    Turkey
    Followed and RT'ed @omerkarakaya58
    Liked @Ă–mer Karakaya
    I like a promo code.
    Thanks in advance !!!

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    To be honest im not really impressed with the game so far, but i can definitely see some potential here.

One, the camera slider is too close to the ninjas running on the ground. More often than not, i accidentally pan the camera instead of slash a ninja.

Two, reduce the number of Bombed Ninjas. They are a good inclusion in the game, but i bet players would have more enjoyment with a slashfest. The occasional Bombed Ninja would be just additional thing to look out for.

Three, the slashing with the Katana doesnt feel as responsive. Not sure how many FPS the slash animation is, but sometimes slashing on a ninja too fast actually misses the attack. Like the animation skips it or something. Since this is where the bulk of the gameplay is, this should really be taken into account.

Four, the game needs more sound effects. Im not going to point out how many but there's a lot that needs it.

Five, i think the ninja animation are too clunky. It's cool to use ragdoll physics during their deaths and it's areally good touch.

I havent really gone too far into the game yet as these are initial impressions. I sure hope to see ninjas flying all around to make the game a real slashfest, which i believe will make the game more fun and interesting.

Cheers!

8. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    Thank you for the feedback! :)

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    No problem. Looking forward to how the game moves on!

10. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    We still have another promo code if anyone is interested! :)

11. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    already like and shared @speed4mee, also followed @speed4mee :)

I would like one, thanks in advance :)

12. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    Check your DM! :)

13. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    And that is a wrap, folks! I will be giving more away at a later date, so keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook and Twitter pages!! :)

14. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I am interested in a promo code. Just throw one my way perhaps if you have some extra at any point and would like more feedback/a review.

15. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    Thank you for the interest! We've just wrapped up, but keep an eye on our Facebook feed for more promo code opportunies! :)

16. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know what is planned and currently being developed for the next version (v1.1), due to be submit for review to the App Store in a few days. I've received some user feedback and I will be implementing the following features and fixes based on those suggestions.

* Reduce the amount of bombed ninjas
    * Make the "slashing" with the katana more responsive (higher FPS?)
    * Camera slider is too close to the ninjas on the ground. Put a buffer between it and the ninjas, and make a semi-transparent overlay for the slider so the "scrollable area" is well-defined.
    * Add more sound effects, and correct sound engine memory leaks
    * Fix for sporadic crashes for select devices on level failures
    * Minor UI / UX modifications

As always, if you have any feature requests, please post them to this thread, DM me, the Facebook fanpage (http://www.facebook.com/slicendiceninja) or Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/slicendiceninja).

Thanks you! :)

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That was fast! Looking forward to the update

18. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Yes, definitely looking forward to the update! I agree with the previous poster's comments for improvement. There's just something missing right now, in game play, but there's definitely good potential there.

19. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    Absolutely. Updates are rolling out towards the end of the week, or perhaps this weekend. Would love to hear feature suggestions if you all have any! :D

20. GarrettVD

Dec 24, 2011
    Canada
    Hello all!! I've put together a cinematic trailer for Slice 'n Dice Ninja, if anyone is interested. Please have a look here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu6nNK_1kFw

Comments and critiques welcome. A version with gameplay included coming soon. This is more of a "story" trailer.

Thanks! :)