Need developer for game/promo app

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by JohnnyHand, Jan 24, 2011.

1. JohnnyHand

JohnnyHand Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I am a member of a band, and we are looking to put out an app on the appstore that will allow us to promote our tunes and provide a gateway to our main website.

I don't know if I need to post the full details of what we want here, or if I just need to wait for interested parties.

The project will include developing a "Mega Man" like game (retro platform shooter).

Payment is negotiable (any upfront information on how much something like this might cost would be helpful).

2. JohnnyHand

JohnnyHand Active Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Further information...

I had a few messages asking to clarify what I was looking for, and this was my reply:

First, we would like the app to provide links to our newly released EP in iTunes (maybe a buy EP button) as well as a link to our website.

Secondly, we would like the app to feature a game that showcases our music in a unique way... with chip tunes.

We are all big fans of retro gaming. We are all big fans of zombies.

We want a game where we are killing zombies, and facing off against some kind of super zombie in NES pixelated fashion.

We have discussed a game that features each one of us in a unique stage (five band members, five stages). Think "mega man" when you want to know stage design. We also wanted a unique boss fight for each stage.

During each stage, we wanted one of our songs playing as chiptuned background music.

Each band member will have a pistol and some unique weapon that has a power gauge similar to "mega man."

Money. We have never done or requested anything like this before, so we don't really know what to ask for or expect as far as pricing is concerned. If you could shed any light on expectations of cost, we would appreciate it.

3. Lightworx

Lightworx Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Italy