Dungeon Defenders (powered by Unreal Engine. Coming Dec 2010) [Submitted]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by trystero, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
  2. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I hope the graphics look that good on iPod. It looks like Fate and WoW mixed with a Tower Defense game.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Looks nice. :eek:

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #5 arta, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Apprentice trailer. Don't know yet how much of this will transfer to the Appstore version. Looks fantastic and hopefully plays well, only thing I'm concerned about is getting lost in all the colours.

6. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This game looks like a nice mix or action/RPG and tower defense. I personally couldn't ask for more, my only hope is it isn't only playable on the newest 4g devices.

7. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Insta-freaking buy. But I can totally see a laggy wreck being made out of this. Anyone heard about pricing?

8. Rezur

Rezur Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    I thought the gpu remained unchanged on the latest 4g devices.

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The only change is that it's running at 200 and not 166MHz, but due to the bigger screen size, this doesen't make any difference.

10. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    Sorry to resurrect the thread from the dead, just wanted to say that I'm pretty excited for this thing. Just hoping that it'll run okay on a 3rd Gen; otherwise, I'll have to wait for the inevitable and buy a 5th Gen Touch. :p

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#12 killercow, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
    new info :

$2.99 on mobile. Before there's an uproar over the PC/Console versions being $9.99, let me note that there's a literal ton of content that you get only in the PC/Console version (more levels -- the biggest and most epic ones, items, bosses, monsters, modes, etc), so the prices are reasonable for what you're receiving on each platform I think. To indicate the different scopes, the mobile version is called "Dungeon Defenders: First Wave"

If by "lite" you mean mobile demo, yes there will be one.

iOS demo will hit the same time as the full version (has to go through the same certification process), so that will be ~Dec 15

DD: First Wave will support multiple iOS platforms, including iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, and the latest iTouch. You will be able to play cross platform with these devices through GameCenter.

We'll be sure to get up a DD: First Wave video up relatively soon. Priority on the video front will be the huntress video though which we will get out to you guys by the end of the week!

Yes it supports high res retina display, as well as gamecenter achievements.

12. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    So is this game going to support ipod touch 3g since it has the same specs as a iphone 3gs?

13. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    "Donning his robe and wizard hat" -

Did anyone else get the bloodninja reference?

14. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Will this game look significantly scaled down on iOS? And will the unreal engine be intact as well?

Also, is this version delayed until January like the console/pc counterparts?

Highly looking forward to this title, alongside: Mutant Bash TV, Nova 2, Aralon, Infinity Blade, Dungeon Hunter 2 and Battleheart.

15. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    when its come out on the PC? :D

16. javahawk

javahawk Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Hey guys,

Im Lead Tech Artist on DD, and I'd just like to thanks for the great words on this forum.

DD: First Wave (Mobile version) will be crazy awesome. We plan on shooting a promotional video for the mobile version soon. And playing on the iPad is crazy awesome.

Please feel free to register on the forums (http://forums.trendyent.com) to keep up with all the latest DD news. We love listening to the community and absolutely want to make the best/most fun mobile gaming experience yet.

Cheers!

Josh

17. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    From their website

18. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    This looks very cool. Can't wait for the trailer.

19. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Looks cool but I think I'm leaning toward the consol release over iOS.