Metal Sun - Upcoming Combat Flight Sim

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SilverMachineGames, Jul 10, 2009.

1. SilverMachineGames

SilverMachineGames Active Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #1 SilverMachineGames, Jul 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  2. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Online Multiplayer coming soon?

3. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Looks good! Good luck on the launch :)

4. SilverMachineGames

Jul 10, 2009
    Yes. Actually there's also a pocket MMO of sorts in the works involving fully destructable cities, giant alien walkers, etc. Lot's of good stuff with the 3.0 SDK!

5. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    That just got my attention. Is there going to be customizable/buyable ships?

6. SilverMachineGames

Jul 10, 2009
    Yes. The finer details are still being baked but ship customization, upgrades, trading, etc. is all (already) part of the core design doc.

If you'd like to join the upcoming beta drop an email here: [email protected] and/or visit our site and join the forums. Look forward to seeing you there!

7. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    This game looks very nice. The graphics looks great. I like it! I would love to buy it but I only have $0.17 in my account. :p I have to start saving up more money again.

8. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

i hope you don't mind, but I notified the community over at iPod touch Fans about this, here.

9. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Graphix look great, and the game itself looks pretty nuts!

Online multiplayer for this will be awesome..

10. SilverMachineGames

Jul 10, 2009
    Not at all. Thank you for helping get the word out!

11. WunDaii

No problem, it's an awesome game!

If you want me to review it there, just send me a Beta of the game, so it builds the hype even more.

12. SilverMachineGames

Jul 10, 2009
    You got it. Send me your UDID and I'll hook you up ASAP! Send it to: contact-at-silvermachinegames-dot-com

13. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Do you plan on a iPhone 3G s specific features or better graphics than this amazing piece of game judging from the graphics.

14. WunDaii

damn, i can't :(

I've lost my iPod, I just remembered. Well if the game isn't released within 2 weeks (as Apple's Reviewing system is quite slow), and i've found my iPod, i'll be sure to send you my UDID.

I will hopefully find my iPod soon. Sorry, but thank-you for accepting.

I hope you make more successful games in the future.

15. SilverMachineGames

Jul 10, 2009
    Thanks for the compliment! To your question: absolutely! The 3GS graphics capabilities are amazing and we're currently in the process of a major upgrade to the VIVID rendering system (our internal engine) to support it. Some of the stuff we've currently got in alpha test look better than some PS3 games I've seen - particularly when it comes to destructibility; we've got an entire city on one 3GS device that comes apart down almost to the individual brick level. Smoke, debris, flames and pieces of skyscrapers falling down so realistic it looks more like a movie than a game. The 3GS is just that powerful!

For this first release though Metal Sun was designed to run and look good on a standard iPhone - indeed, until things start exploding it actually runs at 50 FPS on a 2G touch! For the next release though it'll detect if a 3GS is present and if so will enhance the display considerably! And then some. If a 3GS isn't detected it'll fall back to where it's at now - which isn't too bad :)

16. SilverMachineGames

Jul 10, 2009
    #16 SilverMachineGames, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009