N.O.V.A. 3 with Unreal Engine?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by diabolus, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diabolus

diabolus Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Photographer
    Switzerland
    N.O.V.A. 3 being developed with Unreal Engine 3!

Gameloft is working on four games utilising Epic Games's Unreal Engine 3.

Word has it that shooter sequel N.O.V.A. 3 is among the four titles built around the engine and will be out later this year.

Switching to Unreal Engine 3 is an interesting move. N.O.V.A. 2 looked nice, so who knows what it'll look like this time around.

No announcement is planned for the game until late in the year, so sit tight.

Source: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/The+Rumour+Mine/feature.asp?c=28651

2. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    The Rumour Mine at Rocket Gamer is about as trustworthy as a politician.....I guess the standards for opening a thread here are non existent.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Can we please have this thread closed, quoting rumours for games that are probably more than half a year from release is pointless.

4. Cmdr_Overscore

Cmdr_Overscore Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Dude, chill!! xD
    We're innocently specualting the eventual creation and release of an UE3 NOVA 3... ok?
    And I like the old rumor mine - I get free candy from the guy pushing the carts o_O

5. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Even I'd you don't take the rumour mine into account, it's not a big leap of faith to assume Gameloft would use the Unreal Engine on their most profitable and notorious traditional game. Really, that's a foregone conclusion at this point; it's the other game that's a little trickier to pinpoint.

6. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    It's too early for this thread. The game is at least 6 months away and it might not use UE3 (although it's likely).

7. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

You are so wrong there. Sure, they aren't right all the time, but I'd say for about 80% of the time they're bang-on-target.

8. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    trust me ,the developers starts new game topics years before releaase :cool:

9. Der-Kleine

I'm quite sure that their most poplular game series is the Modern Combat series, I mean, months after release of both MC2 and Nova 2 It's still higher in the charts, right?

We're talking about iOS games here, not home console games. iOS games by gameloft usually take about a year to make.

10. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    yeah
    but gameloft probably already started as soon as they released nova 2
    and they will probably make mc3 too

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    NOVA 3 will probably be an Unreal release in 2012, not this year. Why would they halt the success of NOVA 2 so soon?

12. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

To keep to the yearly cycle?

13. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Oh yeah...! It seems like longer since the first one!

14. kileriukaslektuviukas

kileriukaslektuviukas Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Lithuania
    Just one word one word...Impossible!

15. Der-Kleine

It isn't, or if it is, it's a month more than a year. Pretty Much all of their sequils come 12 - 13 months after the previous game in the series.

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    My guess is that Nova 3 hits the appstore in december. I'm 100% sure of it. And if I'm wrong,......haha. Like I'm wrong. :D

17. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Will its kinda obvious NOVA will use unreal engine 3, but no point making a thread just to say that

18. Cmdr_Overscore

Cmdr_Overscore Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    maybe this thread isn't fun enough for you guys...
    I guess there's absolutely no evidence for NOVA 3 other than guesses and past games.

19. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Obviously there is a very good chance NOVA 3 is coming this December with the Unreal Engine, but we have no proof.

The point is threads should have a little more concrete info than the Rumour Mine over at Pocket Gamer or this forum would be flooded with threads based on only rumors and speculation.

20. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Hopefully by using UE3 Gameloft can focus on other aspects of the game rather than using development time to upgrade their engine. Maybe they could actually pay a bit more attention to story, characters and voice acting (maybe even hire some real actors?) this time?