Choppa (by Parta Games) [Choplifter+RETRY]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Cool looking upcoming game from Parta Games.

You are Rick Guiver, a reckless coast guard rescue helicopter pilot. A terrible oilrig catastrophe has happened in the coast! Against your superiors' orders - and better judgement - you jump in your helicopter and fly to the danger zone! There's no time to lose, save as many people as you can!

2. TouchiMedia

TouchiMedia Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Looks fun, but those clouds look like they move faster then the helicopter in trailer- even when the helicopter isn't moving horizontally..

Kinda makes me dizzy ;/

3. antti_partagames

antti_partagames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 3, 2016
    Finland
    Developer here, the trailer has footage from a very early build so it doesn't represent final graphical assets or animations.

That said, now that you mention it, the cloud movement is a bit disorienting. We'll do something about it :)

4. antti_partagames

Patreon Bronze

Feb 3, 2016
    Finland
    #4 antti_partagames, Feb 13, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    WNConf and Screenshotsaturday

Hi pilots!

We spent a couple of days showcasing Choppa in White Nights 2016 Helsinki developer conference. We got tons of great feedback and the game's reception was ultimately very positive, lots of people liked it! That really warms our hearts so a fresh screenshot from the current public beta version of the game can be found at the end of this post. The screen depicts the first unlockable chopper in the first stage of the game.

We're off to a peaceful weekend after a busy conference but if you're interested you can become a beta tester and help us make the game even better! Just send your Testflight or Android IDs to us through beta.partagames.com and we'll send you an invite soonish. We'll only send you the occasional e-mail concerning the beta testing phase. All kind of feedback is welcome and it doesn't hurt if you catch some bugs on the way :)

[​IMG]

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Is there any combat?

6. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Just signed up! Looks fun!

-Earnest

7. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I signed up too. It looks like a fun game. And one of my all time favorites is chop lifter.

Billy

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Looks awesome, my hat's in. Can't wait!

9. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Rlly liking this. Having a blast. Only managed to save 4 peeps as I've just started playing. Wanted to stop by to give thanks.

10. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Pretty cool game, lots of fun I'm really enjoying this one. The music is awesome

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I've been playing for hours. That tells you how engaging it is.

I've encountered no crashes or lag. I've tested all the options and the opt in ad systems and no problems.

There is one issue that should be addressed however. The chopper is not turning to face the direction I have it flying. It will fly backwards for a while and then finally face that direction. It's weird and really off putting for some reason. It's just a minor thing but it's the attention to detail.

Also for everyone testing definitely upgrade your ladder length. Later on there's so serious levels where you gotta swing that sucker and angle it in just right to get the prize lol. Pretty evil dev. But it's actually pretty awesome.

So far well done dev!

Billy

12. spikeyflip

spikeyflip Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    QA lead
    Northern California
    Played for a little bit, fooling around with the interface. Some things I've noticed.

1. The "i" purple icon on the pause menu. It doesn't really do anything when you tap on it. I guess this feature is a work in progress?

2. I wish there's a confirmation when I tap the return icon on the pause menu. I didn't realize it brings you all the way back to mission 1. Any way of implementing that or just removing it completely? I've done it several times where instead of pressing the play icon I hit the return icon instead and I was several missions ahead.

Great work, I do love you have a section of official animals on your credits :p

13. antti_partagames

Patreon Bronze

Feb 3, 2016
    Finland
    That's a good catch. We noticed this during hands-on playtesting a while ago and most players were confused about it too. The Chopper is supposed to always turn towards the objective but currently it's sometimes not doing that so we'll fix it :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, we really appreciate it! Don't forget to fill out the beta survey, you'll find the pulsating survey button inside the game.

- Antti

14. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    I agree, after much play, the chopper not turning to the objective is the only problem I've experienced. Great great game. Cheers.

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Oh I hadn't noticed the survey! I will definitely do that today! I'm about ready to unlock the Chinook.

I think it will take months to unlock that third one lol

Billy

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I filled out the form. It's done.

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have the newest build.

Ok I'm going to just say it and put it out there. The amount of coins rewarded for viewing an ad is way way too low. You are asking for so many coins to purchase new choppas and then to upgrade those choppas. 5 coins per ad is just not worth it. It's not worth my time and my data. On top of that there's no coin doubler in app purchase that I can find. Why? Please adjust the coin reward and please add a double coin in app purchase that doubles the coins for everything. I would purchase it in this game for sure.

I'm going back to test the new build further and will report back later after I've given it an hour or two. I just really needed to report the above because it's really frustrating.

Billy

18. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    My sentiments exactly. Good call Billy.

19. antti_partagames

Patreon Bronze

Feb 3, 2016
    Finland
    Thanks for the feedback!

We've been talking about this and we're going to make some tweaks to the in-game economy soon. Can't promise it's going to be perfect in next Friday's build but we understand the coin amount is quite low when compared to the data usage and time spent. Look forward to some improvements!

- Antti

20. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #20 LordShad0wz, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    Well I have already decided what I will be spending. If the game were to be released as it is today, I would actually purchase the best choppa. I would then play to upgrade it and then obtain the others and upgrade those too. I have a rule. If a game keeps me for two hours and I still want to come back for more, I will allot up to $10 to $15 in purchases. I believe a developer should be compensated properly for their work and my entertainment. That's why I also will push for a currency doubler. I do prefer to play the game to get things. Since it's free to play I cannot outright purchase the game. So I tailor the purchases accordingly. I do not like to purchase any consumable in app purchases that cannot be restored. In a game I recently played called Dash Quest, I spent $12 on a gold doubler, experience doubler, and no ads in app purchases. Notice none of those were consumable purchases. I've played he game for over 4 hours. So it's worth it to me.

I hope I make sense.

And btw the levels where you got the people in the center of a pylon so you have to swing the ladder in, that's just pure evil and I hate you. Lol

Billy