iPhone The Bard’s Tale to release on iPad next week

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1 killercow, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
    InXile Entertainment has announced a new port of the game for iOS devices. Their press materials claim that it will be the biggest iOS game ever made, clocking in at 1.7GB. That is a pretty hefty iPad game.

All the loot, action, reactive NPCs, and Cary Elwes voice-acting will translate over to the mobile devices, along with a "custom-redesigned user-interface for touch control."It will also feature "optional in-app purchases" that will allow you to pump up your character and save time.
    http://kotaku.com/5862245/the-bards-tale-is-coming-to-ios

Never played the original but it looks so funny and i love diablo-like games with a good sense of humor!
    Now if that's 1.7Gb compressed i can't begin to imagine the size it will take afterwards.... Even bigger than Mc3 then XD That and Infinity Blade II next week? I'll need to find some space : )

2. Simon Potticary

Simon Potticary Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Writer
    East London
    You and me both bud. But damn I'm lookin' forward to this one!

With such a poor 'Big Wednesday' this week, IB2 and The Bards Tale should more than make amends in seven days time..

3. Dreamshadow

Dreamshadow Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2011
    If memory serves me right, that ConsoleGold quote is my reviews of the play station 2 version of the game. Thats pretty cool. The game was good, if a little grindy. The music and the humor was great.

I do know that at the time, I had been playing a lot of the baldurs gate: dark alliance games and the Everquest norrath themed one as well, and all four games used basically the same engine. They were all fun to play, but Bards Tale had the most personality.

4. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Holly s**t man I'm lookin' forward to this one!

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I might pick this up depending on how the controls are set-up and what the options for controls are.

6. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    Is this going to be for iPhone 4s also?

7. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I loved this game on the Xbox. It was truly hilarious at turns, and the gameplay was decent enough to glue the funny bits together. I'm definitely going to buy it for another playthrough!

8. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    Wow it is the new Bard's Tale (which is really funny)

I thought this was about releasing the originals to iOS

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #9 Gabrien, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    Wait, is that supposed to be a draw? Really? I have been looking forward to this release but strongly doubt I'll be picking it up now. Any company releasing a game this large onto the iOS is totally out of touch with the platform.

10. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I wonder what the price will be but I will be buying this regardless because the console version was awesome.

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, that's not out of line with a decent PSP game. Just glad I'm getting my 64GB iPhone 4S today...

12. JMarceLF

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    So this game is being released universally?

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yep.

14. JMarceLF

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    #14 JMarceLF, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
    Very awesome! Although I haven't seen proof ill take your word for it.

Nevermind I watched the trailer and I'm a believer now. I thought that link was for an old review. I just read the IGN review of this game and although the combat system sounds wonky the lengthy campaign of almost 20hrs is awesome. Not to mention the Beer song and dancing zombies!

15. JMarceLF

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    Does anyone realize how epic this release is?! it's one of the better rpg crawlers around, well the funniest around for sure...in retina fishy this game is going to look fantastic.

16. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I'm looking forward to this for sure. Still have the PC version sitting around somewhere but never finished it. This is a great way to pick it back up again!

Regarding the size, I think it is partially a result of the game being universal. All the art needs to be included for both the iPhone and iPad versions. I am very happy it is universal:

Please sync saves to the cloud so I can switch between my iPhone and iPad!!!!!

17. TransGaming Studios

TransGaming Studios New Member

Sep 11, 2011
    This looks fantastic! I was a huge fan of The Bards Tale on the PS2 and this look just as quirky. Awesome :D