Zenonia update ideas.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arta, May 27, 2009.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #1 arta, May 27, 2009
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
    We already know an update is coming that will fix a couple bugs and grammar/ spelling errors. However, I still wanted us to voice ideas for updates to problems we currently run into in this thread. Mods, please don't merge this thread with the main one. Other big games get separate threads for update ideas so that the dev/ posters can see them without getting lost in the din of playing the game. :)

1) Control. It is unfortunate that even in this great game that the controls aren't fluid to the point where you can go anywhere without thinking too much. The d-pad seems oddly too small and it only takes an little twitch to send the character in a different direction than where you wanted him to go. Sometimes you find yourself double dashing for some reason.

I think it's safe to say that there are 3 camps of people who want the following control types

• a) improved touch area of the d-pad. Accomplished by making the d-pad larger (almost to that in iDracula) and give us the option to affect translucency. Another way is to keep the physical size of the pad the same and increase the invisible touch area.
      b) Underworlds/ Toki Tori touch anywhere controls.
      c) Zelda Phantom Hourglass draw the path onscreen.

2) Menus. Yeah... the menus. Obviously a holdever from the J2ME mobile days. Really need a fresh design and font, and needs touch selection and swiping enabled to allow quick navigation of menus. Imagine when it's time to combine items to get a better item, you touch one item and then drag it over another item, release and voila, you get a new item.

Also the ingame icons showing Regrett's face with life, and the quick menu (icons at the bottom between the dpad and attack button should be touch enabled also. You should get a magnified preview of the icon over your finger when you are touching it, and swipe to move on to the next one.

3) Resolution. Yeah, never thought from all those youtube videos that the game would actually look very grainy in front of us. I'm not expecting Toki Tori crispness but it would be cool if this were improved.

4) Intelligent disabling of the automating navigation-around-objects. Come on devs, you know if we walk up to a block that needs to be pushed most likely we want to push it, not go around it. Same goes for items of interest and signs scattered around the game that you know we want to investigate instead of walking around them (the gravestone in the 1st village is a prime example where people were baffled for a little while). Why not make these objects immune to the auto-circumnavigate so when you walk up to them, you stop?

5) Sound/ Music. Just like the menus, the soundwork is just ancient. Short mid loops compressed to hell and back is out of place in the Appstore. Could be rerecorded with mp3 sound and longer loops. You might go over 10 MBs, but I don't know how many sales come from that sector of the market anyway.

Please add to this list folks.

2. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    if possible, throw in new items, armor, and weapons.

3. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

new classes, needs a mage or b o w m a n (cencored for some reason)

4. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Let's have an epic update with new classes. (archer, mage). Add more quests, and Eastereggs and...

Actually, I don't think this game even needs updates unless it's a bug fix. It's already perfect.

5. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    +1 for ranged attacks (archer, mage, etc)

6. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    It doesn't need updates, but would be cool to have an expansion that we could buy. Maybe like randomated dungeon expansion that costs $5 , along with the expansion unlocks a couple new classes and items too..

Classes could be: Archer, Mage, and Treasure Hunter

Treasure Hunter could be more of a loot finder, with increased chance of drops... and other goodies.

Never will happen most likely, but hey! I would pay $25 for a expansion like that if they released one.

7. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    that would be tight if there was ZENONIA ONLINE!!!

8. Greengas

Greengas Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Paper Shuffler.
    Long Island, NY
    All I ask for is for the d-pad to be made bigger, and maybe touch capabilities for the menus.

9. kqjrjkrawr

kqjrjkrawr Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Student
    New York City
    I think there should be a more choices to be made between good and evil, i chose the wrong thing and now im evil, but this game is pretty good and doesnt really require updates, but they would be nice.

10. Ventura

Ventura Well-Known Member

I sent them a twitter last night asking if they were going to add a Magician or Wizard in an update. I wouldn't expect it though, most developers don't usually release updates that significant.

I don't know what it is about this platform, but it's almost as if Apple told all RPG developers they could only add Warrior-type classes to their games.

11. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    maybe another game mode for replayability. survival/idracula like game mode.

12. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Holy cow.

[​IMG]

Arta you win today's trophy for posting excellence. I was fully expecting to come in to this thread to a ton of flaming and a first post that consisted of little more than "so wut u guys think shuld b in updates???"

Imagine my surprise!

Keep up the good work!

This is a shining example of what deserves its own thread, other people who have posted Zenonia threads that have been locked, pay attention!

13. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    or like a gow2 horde mode.

14. Greengas

Greengas Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Paper Shuffler.
    Long Island, NY
    Maybe they could give you a option to switch the d-pad postion with the attack buttons postion. This way you could use your index finger to move the character around and attack with your thumb.

15. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Well I think too that is a very good game but I agree with Arta that updating control, menu and resolution will be nice. The game looks a lot like the mobile version, only a little bit better.

I will add updating the music, I don´t like the midi loops. For me one important thing in this kind of games is music and the Snes jrpgs had good exemples. If not an option to disable the music but not the sound will be nice too.

16. EDUB

EDUB Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    lolololol!!!!:d

17. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    its censored cuz the dev of the app of that name was banned for shilling

18. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Control improvements and definitely menu improvements! Make the menus for purchasing and your bag much better, change the font, and add touch controls. Tap the buttons, and drag to move, and other things like that.

19. sniggzy

sniggzy Member

May 12, 2009
    I agree with the menus. They feel old school. Maybe I'm just used to flipping thru menus, but it definitely feels awkward when I can't swipe through the different menus or select my items by tapping on them... But I don't see them fixing this with an update... would be nice though.. also the toki tori style press wherever u wanna go type control would suit this game i think...

20. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    I'd like to see a little more durability in the armor. I've already worn through a crazy amount of stuff just in the first few hours of playing. It is an annoyance except when it happens in a dungeon and then it is -really- annoying.