iPad Yukon Warrior

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RareSloth, Jan 17, 2014.

1. RareSloth

RareSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#1 RareSloth, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    Bears will charge you, wolves will hunt you, jackalopes will eat your face. Set in a winter theme, evil has possessed the creatures of the forest - set their spirits free.*

Yukon Warrior is an action adventure platformed boasting smooth animations and tight controls. It exhibits unique gameplay that was specifically designed for the iPhone. Attack controls are intuitive for touch and special abilities aid in your dominance. Progression feels good. It’s our first game. Free to download.

Features:

10 levels + “the last stand” for endless challenge
    Global high scores
    21 different ways to upgrade your hero
    gesture-based attacks

This took 1 year (< part time) for us to make, we are RareSloth and you can download it for free here. Let us know what you think!

* No animals were harmed in the making of this game.

Yukon Warrior

Are you sick of evil bunnies jumping on your face? Do you hate charging kodiaks that knock you down on your morning hike…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Are you sick of evil bunnies jumping on your face? Do you hate charging kodiaks that knock you down on your morning hike? Do you believe in jackalopes? Then Yukon Warrior might be the game for you.

In this winter adventure, you discover your fellow villagers dismembered and being consumed by seemingly cute bunnies. What does a benevolent warrior do? Sets their spirits free of course. The animals that once lived peacefully alongside humankind are now on the attack - dark magic is at work here. Upgrade your hero as you progress through 10 levels until you reach "The Last Stand". How long will you last?

Let out your battle cries and set those spirits free. Unlock upgrades by beating levels and get your high score to the top of the leaderboards!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Oct 02, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (13)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #2 ojtitus, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014

Yukon Warrior

Are you sick of evil bunnies jumping on your face? Do you hate charging kodiaks that knock you down on your morning hike…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Are you sick of evil bunnies jumping on your face? Do you hate charging kodiaks that knock you down on your morning hike? Do you believe in jackalopes? Then Yukon Warrior might be the game for you.

In this winter adventure, you discover your fellow villagers dismembered and being consumed by seemingly cute bunnies. What does a benevolent warrior do? Sets their spirits free of course. The animals that once lived peacefully alongside humankind are now on the attack - dark magic is at work here. Upgrade your hero as you progress through 10 levels until you reach "The Last Stand". How long will you last?

Let out your battle cries and set those spirits free. Unlock upgrades by beating levels and get your high score to the top of the leaderboards!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Oct 02, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (13)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thanks for working your magic ojtitus!

4. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #4 ojtitus, Jan 17, 2014
    If you would like to edit your post and post the info in yours, here is how you do it

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    lol I actually like this game! Reminds me of my Norn on Guild Wars 2 slaying critters in the starting zone. I'm uploading a gameplay video. :)

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Downloading now. Gameplay seems reminiscent of Oasis and I like the art style. Impressions soon

7. Bronxsta

Really enjoying this game. Unlike other runners where the focus is on speed and evasion, here it's about timing and prioritizing your enemies. You can get some nice combos too, for example by knocking an enemy off you and hitting in mid air with an arrow or tomahawk. You also have several different abilities at your disposal as well as numerous skills to upgrade.

Game is also level based (well, called waves here) and has a great art style, with smooth animations

My only con is that the price of upgrades seem high, compared to the amount one earns. That said, Yukon Warrior is a fun game and I'll probably buy a doubler

8. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Slow happy you like the game! ;)

Raresloth

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hahahahaha

10. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #10 Echoen, Jan 17, 2014
    It's more action than a runner with you throwing tomahawks, shooting arrows, and ramming into wolves and bears all to survive in the wild. The animals are all hell-bent on killing you, red eyes, jackalope antlers, claws and all. The game looks really clean and it runs smooth too. Free and worth a shot!

11. Bronxsta

Two suggestions:
    - Aiming line for the bow. Find it kind of hard to aim accurately. A faint line that shows the arc of the arrow would be very useful

- Have the area in which you tap the screen affect the angle in which you throw the tomahawk. What I mean by this is, is that it seems that you always throw the tomahawk at the same angle and the same distance. I think it would allow for better combat if you could change the angle of your throw. So if you tap low, you aim low. If you tap high, you throw at a higher angle.

12. RareSloth

Patreon Bronze

Thank you for your suggestions - we did actually try those, here's why we changed it.

We feel strongly that the game should be challenging, those features made the game too easy. In the attached screenshot you can see a crude example of us testing it out.

The hatchet functionality you mentioned would actually make the game harder because its a weapon that has some auto-aiming built in. For example when you knock a beast into the air, the hatchet will hone in on it.

Appreciate your feedback - thanks!

Attached Files:

13. Choobers

Choobers New Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Professionally awesome
    Canada
    I have the same feelings for the most part. It is very smooth. I'm pretty far into the game and you start to gain spirit faster because you can keep your multiplier going. The double hatchet and arrow though are pricey!

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This game surprised me. It's fun, easy to pick up and play and has a lot going on i.e. power-ups, weapons, upgrades etc. I love that the app shows you your global rank after each wave. I think if the devs stick with this one they have an AppStore success on their hands...great job RareSloth Games! :D

15. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Nobody's finished the last stage yet lol The highest is pretty close though at 98%

16. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Runs fine on iPad 2 (as it is pre-retina), and this is pretty unique and fun. Just one gripe though, I would prefer to have the left side of the screen for the bow and tomahawk only, and the right side for dashing and spells. As it is now, instead of stopping and aiming the bow, I find I'm dashing into enemies and dying - this could just be me though...

Bottom line: If I can't get a handle on the controls, I'll have to give up playing this.

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I may give this a try. I can tell peta would hate this game :)

Btw, please tell me there's a giant sloth I can fight in this game..

18. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Rabbit < jackalope < angry birds < wolf < bear < dire wolf < polar bear < ??? No more I think. Haven't continued but I'm on the last stage already

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Ah that sounds neat. Just tried to install but I just found out it's an iOS7 game. Ah well..