Must Have iPad Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DigitalB33R, Dec 12, 2010.

1. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Labyrinth 2
    Scrabble
    Plants vs Zombies
    Flight Control
    Fruit Ninja

These seem to be the popular ones from what I've seen. Anything else thats good?

2. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    My favorites lately include:

Beyond Ynth HD
    Cut The Rope HD
    Puzzle Quest 2
    Orbital HD
    Mirror's Edge for iPad
    Osmos HD

3. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Paid: Space Laser Race :p (plug, though it'll be even better with the upcoming update)
    Angry Birds Seasons HD is a pretty good value.
    Chopper 2. (Universal)
    Multipong.
    Battle for Wesnoth HD.

Free: Toy Shop Adventures HD is free and you can unlock all the content through advertising stuff.
    Beyond Ynth HD Christmas
    Cut the Rope: Holiday Gift

4. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    Galaxy on fire 2
    Infinity blade
    Lego HP

All universal

5. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    * Reiner Knizia's Labyrinth HD <- AWESOME board game
    * Carcassonne <- Ditto
    * Infinity Blade <- OMFG that's all I can say
    * 100 Rogues <- A dungeon crawler with style
    * Fruit Ninja HD - <- Downright fun. period
    * Lego Harry Potter <-epic scale action adventure. Lots to do - laugh's at the DS price, and looks oh so better on an idevice screen.
    * Heroes of kalevala - brilliant - for 3 Match fans who like a challenge. Not your daddy's Bejeweled bore.
    * Dungeon Raid - 3 Match with RPG elements - insanely addictive and IMO, more fun and intense then Puzzle Quest but less on the flashiness.
    * Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - very surprised how superb this turned out. Blows the previous attempts away.

6. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Agreed, it's a real gem!

7. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    For Toy Shop Adventures I think it's through IAP you can purchase more episode or stuff to cheat. A good one but perhaps a bit difficult.

For very noteworthy free ipad games there's also :
    • Trundle HD (the paid version is Trundle Unlimited but Trundle HD is a complete game).
    • Tilt for Live HD (Free with IAP but you get a rather complete game for free even if not fully complete)

8. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    corpse craft is free to try half of the story mode levels. 3.99 IAP to unlock the rest of the game. my fav game right now!

9. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    For iPad Brick Breakers, many iphone only Brick Breakers are cool to play on iPad but to highlight the best with an iPad version, a selection:
    • Circuloid (quite special and very difficult at first because of a special design)
    • Brickadelic (Amazingly beautiful, the more beautiful of all I played on any platform, plus a very nice inventive diversity in levels design)
    • Enchanted Forest (Another special one, focus on complex levels design with multiple intermediate targets)
    • Arkanoid HD (the ancestor of more modern Brick Breaker when its ancestor was Breakout quite more simple in its design that is Arkanoid, becomes a bit old on some points but a level design quality still at the top)
    • Jet Ball HD Premium (Very dynamic, design focus on speed and reflex, more levels to come for free for ipad version)
    • Splash Duel HD (A very special one mixing Brick Breaker and pong with a high range of AI setup allowing adapt it well to your current strength)
    • Meteor HD (A good one, not as top than other in the list but solid and interesting for fans of the genre)