Nice coding font

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by spellcaster, Feb 21, 2009.

1. spellcaster

spellcaster Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Hi guys,

no idea if you're still using the default font when coding, but if you do, I recommend that you take a look at Envy-Code which is pretty nice. And if you look at code for quite some time per day, the code should look nice, right?

-spellcaster

2. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

I don't know, I tried it and for some reason it just wasn't working with my eyes. Guess I'm too used to Monaco

3. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    I suppose though, but some fancy font is just going to ruin your concentration.

4. What's wrong with the default one? I'm happy with it.

5. spellcaster

spellcaster Member

Feb 16, 2009
    There's nothing wrong with it per-se. And if you like the default font, use it.

Just wanted to provide some options. I found this font via the site that also had the "typography of code" article: http://blog.hamstu.com/2008/02/03/the-typography-of-code/

I am browsing a lot of typography/ design related sites lately - and after finding the font, I thought I should share :)

6. Schenk Studios

Schenk Studios Well-Known Member

You piqued my interest, so I took a look around the google neighborhood and found Anonymous. Not sure if I'll stick with it, but at least it's a change of pace for the ole eyes.