Has anyone done a thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ArtNJ, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    listing games with a sizeable number of reviews and 4 1/2 or 4 stars? Thinking of putting this together, since I'm bored and want to contribute. Granted, the opinion of the unwashed masses is perhaps not as helpful to the sophisticated gamer on TA forums as the reviews from folks like Big Albie, but I think knowing a game is highly rated with a lot of reviews is still useful, at least to me.

Havent seen anything like this in the month or so I have been on the forums. Let me know and I'll get to work!

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Yeah!
    Plz Do it... 'll surely help :eek:

3. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    yes and not just new games old ones too so i dont miss any good games

4. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    I don't really get the point. Such a list will be biased towards games that have been out a long time. It will end up largely mirroring Apple's own "top" lists. And it will do nothing to help uncover hidden treasures - great games with poor marketing/visibility.

5. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    yes....

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    How?
    http://appshopper.com/bestsellers/paid Bestseller Moon Drop has 2 1/2 stars and Skabooki has 5 stars not on the top list.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'll start with the top lists, and expand to the forum favorites that I know about such as new favorites Kabooki and Copter kid both of which have 5 stars so far.

As far as I know, Apple does not let you sort by rating or popularity, so I think the lists will be at least somewhat useful, particularly for noobs.

I am curious whether there are any free games that have 4 stars or better (not lites). So far I havent seen any.

8. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA