Android Game Looking for Publisher on Iphone/Ipad

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by pinoyAko, Feb 16, 2014.

1. pinoyAko

pinoyAko Member

Feb 16, 2014
  2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Why not publish yourself?

Have you implemented gamecentre?

3. pinoyAko

pinoyAko Member

Feb 16, 2014
    I don't have a developer account yet :)

4. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    Just so you know the process is fast and you get the account immediately after creation.

5. thegraywolf

thegraywolf Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    I don't know if this is just a rumor but I read Google will be rejecting apps that imitate Flappy Bird. They say that Apple's IOS App Store will do the same thing. Here is the link: http://guardianlv.com/2014/02/google-shooting-down-flappy-apps/

I hope you find it useful. Btw, are you an independent game developer? Or do you work with a team?

6. pinoyAko

pinoyAko Member

Feb 16, 2014
    That was a sad news! :( I'm an independent game developer that make games in flash and uses air for mobile.

7. thegraywolf

Feb 3, 2014
    Do you work full time as an indie developer? Why not try to change the game title? Add new components and sadly change your design and layout. I don't mean to offend you but it just wouldn't work if you stick to being flappy. :(

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Think thats great news that Apple is doing that. We want decent original games not clone after clone of the latest 'fad'.

9. pinoyAko

pinoyAko Member

Feb 16, 2014
    But the sad truth is that there are no more original games nowadays. I can put coins and etc. etc. on that game but it is still an old copter game.

10. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I really don't buy that "there are no original games" bs excuse. Don't pretend you made this game because you could not think of anything else to make. It's a cash grab clone game that will arrive to late to the party. Not really saying there is anything wrong with that but let's cut the pretence.

11. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    I 100% agree with this. There is plenty of space for clever original games, they are just harder to come up with. They also need more development.

I don't have a problem with clones, but I would like to see a point of difference.

12. thegraywolf

Feb 3, 2014
    I don't mean to offend you but I'm just sick of seeing all these Flappy versions. If I were a game dev, I will only look at Flappy's so called "success" as inspiration or motivation for me to create a game that the world will appreciate and love. As the other guys have said, there is still plenty of space for new ideas.

13. pinoyAko

pinoyAko Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Just because I made this game doesn't mean I ran out of ideas, I made this game for fun and my friends loved it. Then put on app store and tried to make some extra cash. That's why I opened a thread here. If you hate it or sick of it, then I'm sorry.

14. OnlyJoe

OnlyJoe Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Auckland
    This game will probably get rejected at the moment for being too similar to flappy bird. But you might sneak through because it is called Flap Flap rather than using Flappy in the title.

I just had one declined, it wasn't even a clone, but I called it Flappy Chicken and that was too much. Changed it to Chicken Flap, and have to wait a week again to see if that gets through.