Squaredance

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kamibox, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamibox

kamibox Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2013
    #1 kamibox, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Hello Toucharcade,

My new game Squaredance will hit the App Store in about one month.
    The pricing model is not clear yet. If you have an opinion about that, I will be thankful for your comment.

· 96 levels
    · level editor
    · smooth controls

2. otravu

otravu Active Member

May 16, 2016
    Bucharest, Romania
    what's the main goal in the game? i don't really understand from looking @ the trailer :).

3. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    I think it's a puzzle game, with the gravity mechanic, and same coloured squares combine. I'd assume the goal is to reduce each colour to a single square.
    Looks very nice! Will definitely pick it up.
    Pricing really depends on what you want. There are lots of options and depending on the target audience for your game you'd choose a different one.
    If this game is aimed at hardcore puzzlers, then definitely a premium experience at $2-$4 is a good choice.
    If it's more casual, you might even do free with ads, and a $2-$4 ad removal IAP.

4. kamibox

Jul 19, 2013
    Good point, like TheGreatEscaper said, the goal is to swipe the same colors together. (Though it’s not really the intention of the trailer to explain the gameplay, it is more like 30 seconds of atmosphere)
    With a swipe, every object on the screen moves, you can’t move just a single object. There are several items like fixed spikes, moving spikes, slow blocks, double blocks etc. that can help or hinder you.

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Wow, like these kind of puzzlers and you got a really good name for the game, seems hard these days to get a good name for your game.

Looking forward to it, good luck with your launch.

6. kamibox

Jul 19, 2013
    Squaredance has a release date: 06-20

It will be free, with optional video ads if you want to get a hint for the level, just like in Okay?
    The editor will cost $ 0.99 (friends can also send you levels if you didn’t purchase the editor)

Looking forward to the release!

7. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks really nice ! i can't wait to test this game !