Games with adjustable graphics?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anonomation, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#1 Anonomation, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    I still play on the 2010 iPhone 4, I was wondering if anyone has found any games with adjustable graphics or display options, as this would be very helpful. :)

2. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Race After 1977

3. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    I do often wonder why it's so rare not to find PC-esque graphics options on mobile games. Particularly on Android where there's so many handsets no developer can even test on all of them, never mind spending time tuning each one.

But even on iOS, the developer might have tuned every single device to their satisfaction, but they don't know the user. Some players might prefer ropey graphics if it buys them 60fps smoothness. Other players might be on low battery and are happy to turn it all down because they're away from their charger.

It's all pretty feasible from a dev's perspective - any reasonably complex 3D game probably has adjustable graphics options, it just seems to be unfashionable to expose the options to the user.

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Minecraft & Survivalcraft
    Dementia: Book Of Death
    Riptide GP2
    Iesabel
    The Descent

There are definitely some more games which providing graphic options, mostly indie games as far as I know. Makes sense cuz Indie Devs can't buy every single device out there to test their games on I guess.