3D RPG Kitaru Presents Voice Cast & Active Time Battle System (FIRST LOOK!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kitaru, May 15, 2012.

1. Kitaru

Kitaru Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Save the world.
    Mars
    [​IMG]

Aoineko Studios has formally announced the voice cast of Yuri Lowenthal, voice of TV's Ben10, the prince in The Prince of Persia, and Soulcalibur V. Yuri Lowenthal will be joined by Tara Platt, highly-regarded for her work on Final Fantasy XIII, Naruto, Bleach, and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

In addition to progress in cast, rapid advancement has also been made with the game. The main focus right now for the development team is building and configuring the pre-alpha custom battle systems. These new active time battle systems will allow players to shuffle their moves in an action queue, thus keeping the pressure on opponents at all times, while also requiring strategy to manage time and resources. The team is also designing new game levels and terrains, where the key characters will explore a wide range of urban, natural and industrial landscapes, such as decaying cities, deserted wastelands, and heavily guarded industrial complexes.

Here is a first look…

You can support the project on Kickstarter here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bensteele/kitaru

And you can find more info and details about Kitaru at the following sites:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whoiskitaru
    Webpage: www.kitaru.net
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/KitaruOfficial
    YouTube: www.youtube.com/aoinekostudios

Thank you!

2. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Woah, that's a huge improvement in graphics and animations!

But I still doubt that many people are interested in turn-based RPGs.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #3 squarezero, May 15, 2012
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
    Turn-based RPGs are a perfect fit for mobile platforms. I don't doubt that a smart, polished game would find an audience.

I wasn't very impressed with the first set of media released. This is a huge improvement.

4. baDa

baDa Active Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Creative Director
    CWB - Brazil
    Great work guys!

5. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    I love Turn-Based RPG. This is definitely an instant buy for me when it hits the appstore.

6. Kitaru

Kitaru Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Save the world.
    Mars
    @Klemen @squarezero @baDa @iANiMeX Hi Guys! Thanks so much for the comments and feedback. Our dev team is making great progress with Kitaru, and we are excited to show off more of the game in the coming weeks. Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/whoiskitaru for all the latest updates, and please help us to spread the word on Kitaru by sharing with your friends. THANKS!!

7. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    WOW ......this turn base style will give me some decent geek dreams tonight! welcome to the forum and thanks for showing us your amazing game skills display! cant wait to hear more from you!

8. nvx

nvx Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    UK
    Nice work, I dig these kinds of RPGs, very reminiscent of the Final Fantasy games

Good to see an indie dev putting Unity through its paces, though correct me if I'm wrong, I dont believe the battle video preview you posted was recorded on an actual iOS device?

Looking forward to the release :)

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Dunno why you'd say that, as a lot of the most successful franchises are entirely turn-based.

This, for one, shows a lot of promise. Looking forward to how this one turns out.

10. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Yes, but I was talking in comparison to real time combat RPGs.

11. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    WOW seems awesome!!!!!!!!

12. Kitaru

Kitaru Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Save the world.
    Mars
    Thanks @ironsam80!! We can't wait to bring Kitaru to market! As we mentioned in the main post, Kitaru is on Kickstarter right now. We are currently less than $5k from reaching our goal, with 11 days to go. If we can surpass our $25k goal and meet some of our stretch goals, we will be able to further expand the scope and depth of Kitaru.

Small indie developers like ourselves depend on peeps like you that believe in us and support our efforts. Please help us spread the word by reaching out to your friends on Fb and Tw. :)

Cheers!

13. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Still 9 days and only 3,7k $ to go.

Good luck :)

14. Kitaru

Kitaru Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Save the world.
    Mars
  15. BlaikAwesome

BlaikAwesome Active Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Love the cinematic scenes! Can't wait to see more of this!!

16. Kitaru

Kitaru Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Save the world.
    Mars
    @BlaikAwesome Thanks!! Glad you like it! We are getting so close to our goal...at over $24k. Setting our targets now on the stretch goals that we announced yesterday...$35k and $50k. These additional funds will allow us to add more levels and add some really great features. Please help us close out our campaign with a bang by sharing the Kitaru Kickstarter page with your friends via Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bensteele/kitaru

We appreciate all your support...thank you!

17. Kitaru

Kitaru Member

Apr 5, 2012
    Save the world.
    Mars
    Hey guys! We surpassed our goal of $25k yesterday, and are now setting our sights on the stretch goals at $35k and $50k. The additional funds will allow us to add more levels and add some really great features. Please help us close out our campaign with a bang by sharing Kitaru with your friends. We appreciate all your support...THANK YOU!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bensteele/kitaru