iPad 3 media event confirmed for march 7th.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 28, 2012.

1. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #2 dclose, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    "And touch."

??

Well, since we know the existing iPad already has a touch screen, does this mean a new iPod Touch is coming too?

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Doubt it. Even if the touch gets updated, I doubt that's something apple will post about on the invitee of an iPad event. Its definitely got to do with the iPad itself. Might be nothing. Might be some improved touch screen. No one but apple knows though.

3. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I think the existing iPod touched also have touch screens. It's in the name.

4. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Funny trending comment on Twitter: "It's quite obvious looking at the iPad invite image that Apple is announcing a water proof iPad." :)

5. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

While I have no plans to buy another iPad nor am I buying a new iPhone this year I'm still extremely interested to see what they've got in store. It's quite possible iOS 6 will be demoed at this event and I'm interested to see where that's going now that the OS has matured feature-wise.

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

They might take away the home button from the iPad (as people think so, but I don't), hence the 'touch'. All touch? I really hope not.

7. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Or maybe they finally made the bezel touch sensitive. Hate it when I'm playing a virtual joystick game and lose the joystick the moment my thumb slips off the display. Again, doubt that'd be it though.

8. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I would hate that. I would hate it less if they added an option to turn it off though.

9. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #10 Fireball926, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
    Wow people rip apart every piece of text. The touch is refering to how you touch a screen! God apple isn't writing poetry with hidden meaning

EDIT: I apologize the touch home button thing is in fact correct

[​IMG]

10. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Well, it's noy like there's a page full of text here. Apple media events messages do have some meaning related to the event. Like MacBook air event message read "There's something in the air". That was before anyone knew about MBA's name.

Even here the first part is all but confirmed. "Somethng you really have to see". That's the new retina screen. But Why would they add the touch part is something no one is sure about. Of course it could be nothin and apple meant to point out the the touch capabilities of iPad again. But that's nothing new for ipads so not sure why would they add it on the invitee.

And speculating abou the message doesn't harm anyone. Just gets you something to do until march 7 for the event :p

11. Spamcan

I'm calling it now, it's a retina display with some kind of tactile touchscreen tech built in. Also I'm fairly certain it's going to include a pico projector without a dramatic increase in thickness and anti-gravity technology so it floats in front of you while you use it.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Maybe it means haptic feedback or something similar. Who knows?

13. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    Haptic could be possible.
    No way. Maybe the projector but how are they going to add anti gravity tech? Afaik, no such tech exist. You are wrong on so many levels here that it's not even funny.

14. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Here's the thickness... not to dramatic but it sure is an increase

[​IMG]

As for the touch part I still believe they are refering to how the screens so beautiful in retina you'll want to touch it

15. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sweet, I really hope they at least announce a real 5th gen iPod with this...

16. Spamcan

[​IMG]

The first thing I mentioned is possible but unlikely. The second thing I mentioned exists but has no chance of ever making it into an Apple product because it would require making the device much thicker. The third thing I mentioned is obviously ludicrous thus driving home the point that the first was also not meant to be taken seriously. Sorry about any confusion. :eek:

17. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I doubt it....

18. ImNoSuperMan

Jun 28, 2009
    You thought I was being serious? Nope. Just messing with ya :p

19. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Actually, I really hope the home button is touch sensitive. Mine has been partially broken for about 8-9 months and is a right pain! Can't see that happening with a touch button!