'Everyone is Solid' as a studio name

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ObsoleteOne, Jun 15, 2017.

1. ObsoleteOne

ObsoleteOne Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Hello there.

I'm a former online poker player and currently developing a game called Selfie Poker.
    I don't have a real studio and work remotely with a couple of freelancers and enjoying it thus far so after that one I will probably try to make another game. I thought it might be a good idea to start developing my own brand and currently, I like the idea to name it "Everyone is Solid". This one comes from a 10 years old online-poker meme which isn't really relevant and I just like how it sounds and how ambiguous it is but in a good way.

Since I'm not a native speaker there is always a chance that I completely miss the point here and this is the dumbest studio name ever (although some folks definitely tried to seal that one).

My other thought was to have a dude sitting under the tree with a laptop on his laps (is it really called laptop because of that...wow...new discoveries every day) as a logo. Since we are working remotely. And some other reason, but I don't want to tell yet :).

So, guys, what do you think?

2. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    Company name is fine. Different. But not weird. At least, it is not as weird or odd as some studio names out there.

Your logo idea sounds too complicated though, not really "fun" or for the customer, and might be difficult for someone to understand what is going on when they look at it.

I'd probably double down on your history and the root of the name and do something poker related. It's not entirely clear to me what the meme actually means (a quick Google suggests its something to do with the idea there is no money in poker?). But having a logo based on a play card or card graphic like a king, joker, or ace, or even a couple or hand of cards could be done in an interesting and creative way.

3. ObsoleteOne

ObsoleteOne Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2017
    The meme is indeed about 'there is no money in poker'-idea but as I said it's irrelevant nowadays and my hopes that the name is good enough on its own.
    I don't want to go with anything poker related since I'm not interested in doing only poker related things or even to affiliate myself with poker that much later on. But I get what you're saying. Thanks for the reply.

4. uti4

uti4 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Male
    Localization & ASO
    #4 uti4, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    The story behind the name of your studio is always great. People love stories! You can keep this name just make sure to explain your legend on your website.

What's more make sure the elements of your company's name doesn't breach any already registered trademarks.

And yeah, the title of the company should reflect its logo to make it easier for a user to recall it or visually remember when he or she sees it somewhere else. So if it's 'everyone is solid' then the logo should have some solid features indeed