Xenome episode 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DarkRedNinja, Apr 2, 2011.

1. DarkRedNinja

DarkRedNinja Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Has anyone heard about the 2nd episode yet? I checked their twitter, YouTube, facebook, and the forums and haven't heard anything about it.

2. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I'm betting lack of sales for the first episode has led them not to put out the 2nd. I could be wrong though.

3. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Too bad - the first was actually really good. Quite under appreciated if you ask me...

4. Zallman

Zallman Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Observer
    Alaska
    Yeah it was a really good game. I loved the first ep.
    I hope they can put out more.

Good stuff.

5. jamesdoug

jamesdoug Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
  6. azterix

azterix Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Xenome 2 isn't dead, but we didn't have the sales on Ep 1 to drive development as fast as we would like. Our team is still connected, but we're doing other things to pay our bills currently.

We have a fierce passion for the world and characters we created, and we will press on, just not at the pace we would like.

I feel like we did a lot of great things in the game, but there were areas for improvement. One of the elements that I insisted on was a large, continuous map that enabled a player to avoid loading screens almost altogether. A large sandbox approach cost us a lot in terms of development cost, as well as in terms of visual quality.

I would be interested to know people's thoughts on whether or not the presence of loading screens between areas is as big of a pet peeve to them as it is to me, or if it is acceptable/expected and shouldn't come at a cost to visual quality.

7. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    It's fine with me as long as you have a universal build for my iPad :)

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Load times are not ideal and problematic if it occurs too frequently. However, if the area between load times is expansive enough it is no problem. Aralon had load times but balanced it well. Also, having a splash screen for loading that is faithful to the enviornment can keep things immersive.

Good luck on Xenome 2!

9. Howlix

Howlix Member

Apr 9, 2010
    You know, this game would do well if you did a little advertising and promtion. Update the graphics a bit or add a bit to it and then throw it out there to all the sites. You have a solid product but no one knows about it. You have to keep people watching. Even small tidbits and updates to your website with a little viral marketing about the sequel will push sales of the first episode. Keep it up, you guys have the right idea.

10. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    First one was pretty good. It just needed and little more varity to the missions. Fun though. Hope the second one comes out and hits off.

11. DarkRedNinja

DarkRedNinja Member

Mar 23, 2011
    I don't think it's coming now XD

12. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    I was a beta Tester for Xenome, and I quite enjoyed it, but I would have gladly put up with some loading screens, and a smaller game-world for the sake of a more interesting environment on the small-scale level. By this I mean architecture and locations that feel more alive up close, giving the player a reason to explore areas in detail.

13. Psiufoxx

Psiufoxx Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    sustainability consulting
    paris (yeah, the one in france)
    I'd be happily surprised if the dev jumped on here and told us it was still in the works, but sadly I agree - I don't think it's coming.

In addition, just learned that Xenome Episode 1 won't even run on my iPhone 4 under iOS 6. Oh well :(