The SIMS Help Thread - Q&A's

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by McGill, Jun 3, 2009.

1. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Please don't combine or delete this with or because of the other thread.
    Some of us need help & don't want to read through 400 posts that always go off on tangents, and rarely end up being about the app. it started from.

That being said...

My character is about to die, because he is hungry. I have no money, don't work for another day, but have many items i could sell.

Is there someway to sell these items?

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    you can sell items at the quick mart.

Anyone know how to make a sim jealous?

3. RaZrVIN

RaZrVIN Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Currently unoccupied.
    The Empire State, America.
    No, I haven't found out a way to make a sim jealous. The most I've done was "insult" the black dude with a mohawk for flirting with his wife. Hehe, does anyone know when that pawn shop opens? And what you could do in there? For me it's still closed.

4. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Not really fimiliar about the help, it's confusing at 1st. So how do you change your goals to be the active one? Not shure if you know what i'm talking about haha! ;P

5. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    There might be many ways but the easiest one is to hit on someone's wife or start a relationship with someone else if you already have a Spouse/Partner. Hope this helps. And yea kissing someone in front of your wife helps too :D

6. Slayer_megadeth

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Go to a friends house and use their Fridge. Your Sim won't lose any money :)

7. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    My Sim has a wish to make Steak and Vegetables, anyway to check on what ingredients are needed for recipes?

8. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    under the character menu, there is your inventory, scroll through your recipies...

9. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Alright, thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated.

10. Slayer_megadeth

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    #10 Slayer_megadeth, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
    Make Easy and Fast Money

I finally found out a easy way to make money! Just buy a fishing kit from the hobby store and go visit the lake. Fish as much as you can and quickly increase your skill level to full. After your skill is full You will have more chances of catching Tuna, Spotters and Salmons. Fish and then sell them at the mart. I made more than 1000 simutrans by selling Tuna, Salmons and Catfishes (least value). I have upgraded my house and bought a Modern TV :D

11. Engine

Engine Member

Mar 24, 2009
    What is the panel below the actions that a sims has, on the top left corner of the screen? Sometimes it shows me some things but I don't understand.

12. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    +1
    That's what I do. It can earn you about 500 simoleons in day with work as well. You could probably get about 1000 simoleons if you didn't work, but I'm keepingmy job, because I think I will get a lot more money in the future.

And for those people wondering how to sell things. When you go to the store, go onto shop and then scroll down to any items that you have. The you wil notice that it will say, 7/10 salmon for example, then just press the minus button until they are all gone (0/10 salmon) and then press ok.

Note - you can also sell lots of things at the same time by going through all of your items, pressing minus, so they all go down to 0. Then by pressing confirm, then you will sell all the different items.

13. jdr

jdr Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Thank you! I didn't realize you could sell the fish. Knowing this changed my (Sim's) life. I thought it was going to take years to get a better house. :D

14. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    do you get to pick your career path? is the game worth picking up. im still on the fence

15. Gebraroest

Gebraroest Active Member

May 24, 2009
    I go to my friend's fridge to eat. Free food

Can you have kids in this game?

16. iSaga

iSaga Active Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Is there any way to start a relationship with someone already in a relationship? There doesn't seem to be many choices for relationships, I have only found about Sims chicks not already living with Sims dude.

I'm a total Sims noob, this is my first time playing. Any pointers would be appreciated.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yep, you can chose betwen politics, biology and food (working in cafe).
    Although you don't get to see your sim working, you do get options sometimes to steal things from work, tell your boss about someone else stealing and you can ask your boss (who is an actual sim in the game) for a pay rise.

If you have played any other sims games and enjoyed then, then you will definately like this one. I bought it thinking it would be quite a scaled down version, but in reality, I thought that it hadn't been scaled down too much. After a while, the lack the ability to build a house didn't really matter, as the game makes up for it in lots of other ways. There are lots of different and new things (being sims 3), so I was pleased with this, as it felt like sims 2 minus the build mode, but with some extras (I won't spoil them for you).

Yeah, so I would definately recommends the game if you have enjoyed previous sims games, if not, you will still like it anyway :)

18. dpl8

dpl8 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    UK
    "complete all goals to reveal a surprise"

Anyone know what the surprise is?

19. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    SO let me get this straight, this game plays more like animal crossing, than an actual SIMS game where you build a house and all that stuff?

20. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yep: You unlock the abilty to play as a criminal and you can buy a car