Turtle (by Evil Genius)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SimonBurford, Jul 17, 2012.

1. SimonBurford

SimonBurford Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Adelaide
    #1 SimonBurford, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
    Hey guys, here's a game that I've been developing for a few months. The game is called Turtle, and its an accelerometer-driven game with a focus on timing and reflexes as you help a turtle navigate each level in order to retrieve all of its eggs.

The first game mode is a timed game mode where the rating for a level is determined by how quickly you win the level. Ratings are as follows: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Best. Sometimes the difference between the gold rating and the 'best' rating is .25 of a second, which makes it quite challenging. :D

I'm also working on a second game mode which is inspired by bowling, but more details on that later!

Enough talk, here are some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you'd like to see more, you can do so at this gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/us9bgs24pry056r/1MbxaxvBvt

I'll be showing this off at a local convention in a few weeks, so I'll post some pictures/impressions from the event as soon as I can!

Thanks for reading. Any comments are welcome! :)

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Screenshots not showing so went to dropbox. Not sure what to make of it... It looks unique and fun, but at the same time all I'm thinking is... What is it? What do you even do in this game?

3. SimonBurford

SimonBurford Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Adelaide
    Thanks for the comment. A story is currently being developed which sets the gameplay up, and will most likely be integrated into the current timed game mode. I'm glad you think it looks unique and fun. :)

4. Namu

Namu Active Member

Jul 18, 2012
    The art looks playful and interesting! Can't wait to hear more

5. SimonBurford

SimonBurford Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Adelaide
    @Namu: Thanks!

So, I showed this off at a local convention back in July where I received some great feedback and suggestions, but most importantly a lot of people found the game fun and enjoyable.

Check out the first quick gameplay video below, and please view in HD! :)

And here is a gallery of some updated screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lqmectay2fgohw7/bhW1sfFzVf

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Gameplay video got me excited :) Looks like something that you can pick up and play easily

7. SimonBurford

SimonBurford Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Adelaide
    Thanks LOLavi, I'm glad you're excited! And yeah, it's definitely something you can easily pick up and play :)

8. SimonBurford

SimonBurford Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Adelaide
    [​IMG]

Check out these new screenshots: Clicky Clicky!

The first 6 screenshots show off the second game mode in the game, which is currently called 'Fling'. The goal of this game mode is to fling your turtle across the checkered line towards the target on the other side of the level, but once you cross the checkered line you no longer have control over the turtle, so you need to plan ahead to avoid obstacles.

I plan on releasing another gameplay video soon, so keep an eye out.

I welcome any feedback you guys have!