Feedback greatly appreciated on new Game Website

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mr_wexer, Aug 16, 2011.

1. mr_wexer

mr_wexer Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2011
    We would really appreciate any feedback the TA community could offer on our game Game web page. Or just if you like it or not.

http://www.littlebeestudios.com/juicejumpers/

The main company site is still WIP but this one is ready for viewing..we hope.

Note: We've omitted trailers and and any mentions of mechanic as it's still a bit away from launch.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. redfirm

redfirm Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    iscover all the Jumpers and watch them them transform into your own personal juicy army. ( spelling error 2 times them )

3. mr_wexer

Mar 6, 2011
    Eagle eyes :eek: chrs

4. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    The site looks wonderful! Took a while to load on my end though. I suggest optimizing the images. If I had to guess, they're all layered PNGs? If so, convert them to JPGs and if you need the transparency, optimize them as 32-bit PNGs. It'll look just as good but load much faster.

5. mr_wexer

Mar 6, 2011
    Your absolutely right...thanks for the tip, I never even considered load speed...doh! I'll have a word with my web guy about it first thing :)

6. Looks nice, but I also noticed the load time was very long.

More importantly though, I really have no idea what the game is like from the menu screenshots.

Based on that, as a potential player I would not go any further.

You need a video or more screenshots that show me what the game is about.

7. milkmangames

milkmangames Well-Known Member

Lovely artwork!

One thing I might consider is a different treatment for the body text (or just shorter text.) The style, and the italics, make it hard to read. As a casual observer it's unlikely I'd read anything but the first few image headlines.

If the iphone image had a video inside it, I'd more intrigued I think than just images.

8. mr_wexer

Mar 6, 2011

Cheers guys these are very valid points. Will change the font style for sure and see if we can reduce the length of the text.

We can't wait to put up Gameplay trailers and in-game stuff but unfortunately we're still about 2 months out from completion and a lot of polish is missing. Animations and effects for the most part. We're also a little sensitive about releasing the mechanic too early as it's a pretty unique little arcade puzzler and unfortunately there's definitely faster devs than us out there!

The points made about the lack of actual gameplay are well understood and I guess we have to accept that it will have a negative affect on user interest for at least another month.

9. SosemoPower

SosemoPower Member

May 17, 2011
    Really nice website, the things you should change are the font and the spacing between the pictures and the text, because it looks too crowded.

10. milkmangames

milkmangames Well-Known Member

Here's another suggestion( though more work) that will combine some of these ideas:

Instead of a tall page requiring scrolling, reduce it to fit all 'above the fold'

have the iphone image bigger to the right,and the iconic images to its left

have 1, 2, 3, 4 buttons, and automatic scrolling through them, that show a difference game image inside the iphone every few seconds, plus the text etc:

'Explosive gameplay!
    Create flames and lightning'

(next image, next text)

A Mode for any Mood!
    etc

11. mr_wexer

Mar 6, 2011
    Very interesting Milkman chrs :) Will consider that design.

One more question. My font is a bit postcard looking and I understand that it hard to read.

- Whats the best font (or the most commonly used) for body text like this?

12. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Not a problem :)

13. mr_wexer

Mar 6, 2011
    Thanks again everyone we've implemented some of the suggestions and now have the front page up also. http://www.littlebeestudios.com/

We've also done a few things with Twitter and Facebook to get our brand to sit well with the links. Check it little wormy at the bottom of the page and out Jumper bird watcher :)