iPhone Greedy Bankers vs The World - Multiplayer Competitive Puzzler!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Alistair Aitcheson, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Alistair Aitcheson

Alistair Aitcheson Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Hi everyone! I've just announced Greedy Bankers vs The World, the follow-up to Greedy Bankers for iPhone, which is currently midway through development and I expect to launch at the end of July.

Greedy Bankers vs. the World follows the same simple-to-learn formula as before - build the gems into like-coloured squares and cash them in for big money. But now the tables are turned, as you're no longer playing against the clock; it's you against your friends!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Of course, banking wouldn't be banking if you weren't allowed, indeed encouraged, to cheat, rob and lie your way to victory. Players can reach across the screen to steal their opponent's gems, set up traps and call in an avalanche of deadly rubble! It's an iPad free-for-all!

The game will also include updated arcade modes, making use of the larger screen space offered by the iPad, alongside a story mode against a gauntlet of computer-controlled bankers. Fans of games like Puyo Pop Fever, Dr Mario, and Baku Baku Animal will find plenty to enjoy in the competitive multiplayer experience and, as a fan of these games myself, the iPad version of Greedy Bankers has been very much a labour of love. So I hope you enjoy it too :)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I will taking the game on the road to test it out on new players. I just took it to the Warwick University Game Jam, where it had a very enthusiatic response (and fortunately no broken arms!)

I also plan to take it to TIGJam UK and Develop Conference next month.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I will be looking for beta testers in the next few weeks, so let me know if you're interested and I will contact you again further down the line. I really appreciate the help :)

More details about the game and its development can be found on my blog

2. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Just uploaded a video showing off the AI opponent for the new Story Mode. It's still in the beta phase, so looks pretty untidy and is missing the characters and story sections, but I'm very happy with the AI works :)

3. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Looks very fast! Nice

4. Neogeo

Neogeo Active Member

Jul 4, 2011
    I like these sort of games!

5. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Thanks guys - glad you like the look of it! :)

6. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
  7. Alex Graal

Alex Graal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    N/A
    U.S.A.
    Oh, those look nice

8. Alistair Aitcheson

Jan 30, 2011
    Game Developer
    Wiltshire, UK
    Thanks, Alex, glad you like the look of them!

I've just uploaded a gameplay video to youtube, with footage I recorded at a recent developer event. Let me know what you think :)

I also wrote an article on the playtesting sessions themselves, which you can view here