Terraria (By Re-logic and Codeglue)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Well it makes sense! Surprised it took them that long to port it to be honest.

2. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Damn. You beat me by two minutes. I blame my dog. :rolleyes:

Should be interesting to see how they handle the controls. I can't imagine it working very well on any completely touched based platforms. Good luck fighting guys like Skeleton Prime ;). They could always rebalance the game I guess... But that's just cheap.

Will be getting the Vita version for sure. Might get this version if it goes on sale for cheap after release.

3. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    #3 Alister, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
    OMG!!!One of the best PC game ever!!!I actually prefer this than minecraft...:D...What a summer!!

4. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Oh good God! Like I saw the reason to neglect my family and pay total attention to my iPad! This week was bad enough but with XCOM coming out and all these other games are just on the horizon I fear I will never spend any time with my wife and kids again! Well at least they could be in a zombified stuper sitting right next me playing this game on their devices right next to me! Now to tell my wife and kids the news that now they can play Terraria on their 360, PC's and soon thier iTouch and iPhones!

5. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Wow its coming to mobile?! Woa I think Junk Jack X is going to have major competition..... Does any one know if the mods currently available to PC owners can be used in the mobile? Also will save games be able to migrate to mobile? Though my one fear is what happened to minecraft when it ported to mobile, it was dumbed down and lost alot of good features. I hope this does not happen with this port though its very likely they have to remove and dumb down the game, to run on these mobile devices. I will have to keep a eye on this I am saving for JJX, though if this is better and just like the pc hmmm.

6. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    To be honest, the biggest hurdle that probably took them so long is the controls and interface. It's easy to assume dual stick until you realize you need a way to jump and attack. Perhaps they assigned those functions wrapped solely around dual virtual sticks but then theirs getting it to function right and not feel wonky...

7. [​IMG]

Are you serious??

This is AWESOME news! Day-one purchase!

8. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    #8 Platyrrhine, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
    Never played this; can anyone talk about how it compares to Blockheads?

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I've played this on 360, its much more orientated to was combat.
    Like minecraft/blockheads but with more fighting!

10. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I was talking to my brother about this and how it should be on our iPhones, boom, excited!

11. Never played it before, but consider me intrigued

12. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Omg!omg!omg!

13. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Hi everyone! I've heard about Terraria before, but haven't played it before.
    What I want to know is how it compares to games like Minecraft or The Blockheads (I know this was already asked, but I would like a bit more depth, thanks). All I know is its apparently a great game, where you build stuff like in The Blockheads, but is geared with fighting. Please fill me in on the fighting- do you level up/are there dungeons/bosses/RPG?

Cheers

14. AL3X83

AL3X83 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Multiplayer ??

15. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    Yep there's multiplayer like on pc

16. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    When is this out? How much?!

17. iCozMick

iCozMick Active Member

May 5, 2013
    Bought this a week ago on psn for a tenner, absolutely phenomenal game, will definitely double dip if it arrives on ipad.

18. YueSan

YueSan Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Is this better than minecraft or blockheads?

Im willing to give a try on this game but not sure in which things is this one different from Minecraft or Blockheads, I really like those, but not enough to stick to them too much, is this one different enough?

Would like to know some more about it, those who have been playing it, could you give me some advice?

19. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    just youtube a few videos from it. Its a lot more action orientated. almost as if its a platformer that you can dig and build etc. Its all about exploring.

oh and boss battles.

20. Bool Zero

Dec 14, 2010
    Pretty much what he said^

Where Minecraft is more about creativity and building and its combat is not as robust, Terraria allows for creativity and building but emphasizes exploration, crafting and combat as there are far more enemies (like over 100 i believe), components to gather and a ton more items to craft including numerous types of weapons, armor and accessories both mundane and magical. Terraria also has a heavier sense of exploration as you have vast caves and dungeons filled with vases and chest to plunder, traps to disarm and avoid and a plethora more monsters to deal with than Minecrafts selection. Thematically it also has more variety of biomes to explore as well.

You have numerous NPC's to try to obtain as shop keepers, you have numerous bosses to fight and magical weapons, armor and items to obtain and craft, as well as a world that is actively fighting against you and corrupting, which you must also try to cure and keep at bay. There is also a hard mode to strive for that has even more biomes and enemies to encounter (come on, you kno you want to fight unicorns!) as well as weapons, armor and items you can't get or craft in normal mode!

In short, Terraria is a much more fast paced action platformer with almost an RPG feel to its progression than Minecraft which are more about just doing your thing. Not to say that combat and exploration is not as satisfying in Minecraft, just that Terraria offers much more incentive and options.

I love Minecraft... But Terraria is my game!