Namco, here is a port you can do and do well: Point Blank!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by realityexists, Feb 7, 2011.

1. realityexists

realityexists Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    In case you haven't heard and played this amazing game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kSpqfVToWs

It's kind of a hybrid shooting gallery and what would later become a wario ware type of game. I'm not sure why namco is wasting there time trying to port graphically intensive games like time crisis... they did it twice :( when they can capture something with a cult following like point blank with little adjustment to the graphics or gameplay.

I know there are other shooting gallery type games on iOS but nothing has offered the variety and charm as point blank. So please namco, make it happen!

and as an aside I would like this shooting gallery game on iOS as well (not namco). Anyone remember Police Trainer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ANvBD7YVQ&feature=related

2. Dann

Dann Active Member

Jan 11, 2011
    I played the hell out of Point Blank 2 in the arcade, so seeing an iOS port would be awesome.

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I'm a little surprised that Point Blank was not one of the first iOS ports by Namco. I really think PB games could be amazing on iOS devices. I hope Namco is working on it. :)

4. va2k0r

va2k0r Active Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Yeah, just like they ported Point Blank for the Nintendo Wii.

5. goldenone

goldenone New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    I love Point Blank :)

It came out for the DS so i can't see why it shouldn't come out for the ios devices....Fingers crossed ;)

6. realityexists

Apr 20, 2010
    oh yeah! I forgot about that port. Even more reason now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one down for this game. Hopefully someone from namco stumbles on upon this thread ;)

7. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I fail to see the point of these type of games on a touchscreen I did play them back when I had a playstation with the light gun and in that scenario yes brilliant games.

I did pick up one of the time crisis games on IOS which was a mistake but if others enjoy them maybe point blank isn't a bad idea it's one I'd skip though.

8. realityexists

Apr 20, 2010
    I thought I would hate tilt to move and that worked out pretty well for tilt to live. If you hate the idea of point to shoot then I'm afraid you are going to miss out on a lot of potentially awesome games. Sucks you bought the time crisis game, that one looked like it was really poorly ported. I think they can do a much better job with point blank.