Never-ending Defending : looking for beta level testers

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JeDi, Jan 30, 2010.

1. JeDi

JeDi Active Member

Jul 9, 2009
    researcher and independent game developer
    Belgium
    Hi all,

As I posted half a year ago, me and a couple of close friends are working on a tower-defense game called Never-ending Defending.

We are almost done, but we desperately need decent beta testers to help designing levels. I had about 60 testers at iBetaTest but that site has a lot of problems, one of them being the owner disappearing almost a year ago, but more seriously the email system that doesn't work and leaves me with no way of contacting my testers.

I have about 20 device spots left in my development account, so I need to fill them up carefully. That's why I am posting here. I need people that are interested in tower-defense games, and that are willing to help creating and finetuning the levels for this new game.

These are roughly the features that are in the game now:
    • 8 different creeps and 3 different towers, all characters that we created using plasticine, fabrics and stop-motion animation techniques. This means about 40 photographs for each character to create an illusion of 3D.
    • a unique slowdown defense and a special attack system (fireball, lightning, earthquake). You can throw some creep types in a volcano - castle defense style - to offer them and activate the special attacks.
    • destroyable obstacles in the level. Because of this, we can create levels with a mixture of an open field and forced paths for the creeps.

You can find more information about the game in the following places:

This is what we are still working on:
    • menu graphics. The main menu represents the style it will be in.
    • GUI graphics. All icons and in-games menus are being redone.
    • Sounds. There are some in the game, but they are downloaded and just plain bad. We plan on recording a wide range of sounds ourselves.
    • Achievements. We have to come up with interesting achievements that boost replayability
    • Projectiles. The graphics are being redone, and I am fixing the projectiles' position and animations.
    • Instructions. Both as an item in the menu and in-game popups
    • Levels that are well-balanced and stay interesting throughout the whole game
    • finetuning

If you are interested, mail or PM me you device's UDID and a little information on your experience with tower defense games, and I will build and upload a new version that you can play. Please note that I will have to select a maximum of 20 testers if more apply because of the bad luck I had with iBetaTest.

Let's finish this game!

Greetings,
    JeDi

2. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    looks intertesting - will send a pm !

3. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Pm sent!!!! :d

4. AjBlue7

AjBlue7 Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
  5. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
  6. JeDi

JeDi Active Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Belgium
    I uploaded a new version. All testers that PM'ed me are included in the provisioning profile. More info at http://outoftheboxproductions.be/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2#p16

Note for new testers: I will do a post about instructions for the game very soon, because instructions are not yet included in the game. It works like you would expect from a TD game (drag to place towers, pinch and drag to zoom/pan, tap specials, drop the first two types of creeps in the volcano to activate specials (menu in right bottom corner).
    There are also two cheats to help in testing other things than the levels themselves: tap the left bottom corner of the screen to gain money, tap the right top corner of the screen to gain offers.

Greetz,
    JeDi

7. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    PM sent as well!

8. No Hero

No Hero Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    yea JeDi, got ur email. Was one of ur old beta testers

9. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

10. JeDi

JeDi Active Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Belgium
  11. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    #11 swishinj, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
    PM sent (for real this time) :p

12. JeDi

JeDi Active Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Belgium
    I didn't receive a PM though. Are you sure you sent it to me?

13. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I just did sorry I posted before even writing the PM, lol sorry

14. Elliohow

Elliohow Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
  15. Manny7

Manny7 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
  16. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
  17. JeDi

JeDi Active Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Belgium
    Allright, I am at work now and kinda busy, but I will add the last batch of new testers this evening (it is 9h30 a.m. here in Belgium now).

Thanks everyone!

18. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    pm sent :D hope i get in

19. score38

score38 Active Member

Jan 30, 2010
    My pm is sent

20. AjBlue7

AjBlue7 Active Member

Jan 17, 2010
    the beta i must say is pretty good and a decent game. i definitely like the volcano type addition that gives the game a twist. but it could definitely could use a lot of polish with graphics and stuff. i really really like the sleekness of the agon UI interface and unlike others like plus and openfeint it actually runs pretty smooth and almost lagless. i just though you would cater your games UI to the same type of polish making it feel almost like it is part of the game rather than like an add on. and i definitely think that going with the option of having an offline leaderboards through agon was an awesome choice. im not sure if agon does it but the leaderboards type addons for games like openfeint should have like a offline part and when you get back into internet you could sync you offline scores up with your online profile. keep at it and i think that if you improve on these on the next game you make it would be awesome. and i am a true believer in that crisp clean graphics are a big wow factor and i personally can't delete some games on my ipod that i don't play anymore simply because the graphics are just so clean and well done.