Aussie Footy Game: SPECKY!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 5 Minute Siesta, Aug 1, 2011.

1. 5 Minute Siesta

Aug 1, 2011
    Hi everyone,

Finally I've finished developing the game I always wanted to play!

Do you love iPhone games, Footy and Speckys? If so keep reading...

Specky: Mark of the Year lets you take a specky on your iPhone! Stand on opponents shoulders, crash through packs and take HUGE specky's on your iPhone!

I designed it with the iPhone in mind with tap and swipe controls, and the physics in the game are my favorite thing, you can jump up on top of opponents shoulders and crash through the packs of players watching them tumble all over the place.

I never enjoyed developing a game so much as Specky, and all my friends love it. Really I just made the game I wanted to play, so I hope you guys will enjoy it too.

There's more information at www.speckygame.com and don't forget to sign up for our special launch promotion where you'll save 50% on the price of the game.

I'll also be releasing more screenshots, videos and a competition before launch, so check back here regularly or sign up to our newsletter to get all the info delivered right to your mailbox.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feature List:

* Use opponents as a human step ladder! Soar over and on top of opponents to take a specky!

* Fun Touch and Swipe gameplay designed specifically for your iPhone.

* Realistic Physics - fly through the air, crash through packs like a bowling ball through ten pins and plummet to the ground like a rock crunching opponents left, right and centre..

* Increasing challenge by beating full backs and opponents who try to outmuscle and spoil you.

* Unique experience every time you play. Smart opponents and random variables mean that no two games will ever be the same.

* Get a Specky Score at the end of each level based on jump height, air time, pack ride and others.

* Take Bigger Specky’s by completing challenging in-game objectives to level up and jump higher!

* Bite-Sized Gameplay designed to be played on the go for 1 minute or on your couch for hours.

* Beat your friends best scores on the GameCenter leaderboard.

For more information please visit www.speckygame.com

Cheers

Mick

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Ummm..... Usually a Specky is taken high above a player not half way in the air, Also on a players shoulders. It looks like he just jumped in the air in the game....

Not impressed at this stage but will have to wait....

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nuts! Came in here expecting a Speccy game, but this looks interesting...

[​IMG]

Can anyone explain the gameplay?

4. 5 Minute Siesta

Aug 1, 2011
    Yes you're right, these screenshots don't really show that much of the game - however I will say here that with the physics system I'm using you can stand on opponents shoulders and have perform all kinds of specky's.

One of the biggest things I wanted to make in thie game was to jump up in the air and stand on opponents shoulders for the longest time possible before crashing spectacularly to the ground.

I'll release some video and screenshots soon showing this.

5. 5 Minute Siesta

Aug 1, 2011
    First gameplay trailer is up!