CORGI by mrWalrus

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mrWalrus, Jul 24, 2010.

1. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    I have a new game coming out soon, it's called CORGI.

CORGI stands for Computerized Organization, Recognition, and Grouping Intelligence. The game is part Jetsons and part Portal, but maybe not the parts you'd initially think of when thinking about those two franchises.

I'm curious to see the conclusions people come to. :)
    Please discuss.

[​IMG]

2. mrWalrus

mrWalrus Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    designing games
    Venice, CA
    After the card games were finished, I started working on random ideas. I began prototyping a lot of playable demos in game salad just to see how things played. This is one of those ideas.

CORGI is the further exploration of me creating something challenging, but simple to play. Something that digs in and starts to overwhelm the player. I think this is the most 'manic' game I've created yet.

Of the three projects I'm working on currently, the biggest is AIG 2. It should be too since we have a very talented programmer working a whole new engine, and a new artist working an all new art style. I'm also implementing a whole new take on the design. This time we're including some actual story and discernible progression through a fanciful game world. It's coming along well, but since the programmer had some other things to focus on, I decided to program another quick project on my own.

The dog above is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Since I actually have a corgi pup coming to live with me at the end of August (he's only 4 weeks old right now..) that's part of the reason I choose the name, however, there's more too it than that. After I came up with the acronym it all seemed to work, so I went with it but the gameplay would have been the same, regardless.

3. Rolento

Rolento Active Member

Jul 16, 2009
    CORGI will be fun to play even if it bites me ;)

4. mwhite67

mwhite67 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    I have a corgi they're really funny dogs

5. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    PDA type of app Mr. Walrus?