Globlin by Moyo Studios [coming early 2012]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kickR, Dec 14, 2011.

1. kickR

kickR Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

We’ve been very busy at the studio most of 2011 even though there has not been many new game releases. The reason is that we’ve been working hard on our very first social game for mobile devices. We’ve been very quiet about the development as well due to a top secret agreement, but today, we are extremely pleased to publicly announce for the first time…

Globlin development started in March 2011 and after assembling a fantastic team of extremely creative and talented people, between 8 and 10 of us have been working full time on the game to date.

Globlin, a concept developed from start to finish by Moyo is an original fairy tale about a little creature, their life, challenges with happiness, evolution and the evil Mechanimal.

Your job as a player is to revive the spices, build your own galaxy and protect it from the Mechanimal who is out to destroy your planets. Globlin is a resource management and collecting game with quite a twist. A brand new 2D User Experience is a breath of fresh air in the convolution of Isometric social game clones. We are also taking art, animation, and story to the next level. Globlin delivers a message with great educational content that will teach children and (hopefully adults) the power of relations, teamwork and to act responsibly towards nature, resources and surroundings.

As all Moyo Studios games, Globlin is a casual, social game with well balanced edutainment (or Playful Learning as we call it) and opportunity for players of all ages to enjoy and be challenged for hours and hours.

Globlin will be released on the iOS platform initially, but our goal is to allow all android users to enjoy this wonderful piece of art.

2. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Awesome! This looks fantastic! Any game screenshots?

3. kickR

kickR Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    #3 kickR, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
    Will post screenshots next week. Until then i can share this image with you :)

[​IMG]

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wow, looks great! Just worried of the 'social game', freemium?

5. Luc Bernard

Luc Bernard Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Ruler of pugs
    PugLand
    Nothing much to be worried about, since I in general don't like freemium games, I've been working on this to make sure it's something I would play.

I'm always bad at describing games I've worked on, so here is just some art for a NPC.

But to me Globlin is sometimes like Pokemon, as in the sense there is loads of these things to collect, over 100 different ones so far (yes alot)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Thank you :)

7. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    awesome artwork as usual Mr. Bernard :)

8. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, that's awesome to hear. I will definitely be checking this out!