SJPCOMPOSITION - Composition & Sound Design

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by sjpcomposition.com, May 2, 2013.

1. sjpcomposition.com

sjpcomposition.com New Member

May 2, 2013
    Composer
    London, UK
    Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Sam Price, I am a composer seeking developers to work with on apps that require either music or sound-effects. I split life between living in central London and Bristol in the UK.

About me

I recently graduated (2012) with a Master’s Degree in Composition from Bristol University – I have written hours of original music aside from my academic portfolios. I am an expert in East Asian and Japanese folk/traditional music (4 years of ethnographic research). I have worked/performed with some of the most famous names in Drum & Bass in the UK as well as some of the most respected Classical ensembles in the Europe. I am a diploma level Pianist as well as being a Singer (concentrating on technical singing – gospel, folk and classical (to an extent)).

My Music
    Most recently I have finished composing / recording a Pokémon red/blue re-score:
    ‘POCKET MONSTERS RE-SCORE’ – 44 tracks (plus 1 bonus track) of original music that I have written to accompany the 1998 video game.
    I decided to go for a more orchestral sound – to give the soundtrack a classic yet contemporary feel. You can listen/buy the full soundtrack on my Bandcamp website if you are interested:

sjpcomposition - I recommend the Battle themes.
    YouTube sjpcomposition - for a short example of the Pokémon re-score with gameplay.

I work in a variety of mediums and genre/styles: Orchestral, Piano, Acoustic, live instruments, synth/electronic instruments, Radio (music, sfx, audio production), Ballet and Opera. I can compose to suit a brief and to a deadline.

Sound Design
    I like to create custom sounds using real life stimuli – edited to suit the scene; I have mostly worked on Radio projects creating complete new/unique sounds to accompany the programme. I have found it important to create a sound palate that is just as considered as the music itself, to form a unique sound for the game/app.

Rates
    My rates are negotiable and I like to stay flexible – for any quotes please send a proposal and I will respond as soon as possible.

If you are interested in collaborating and you want a soundtrack that is unique, memorable and immersive please contact me on [email protected], or if you are interested in hearing more of my music please don’t hesitate to contact me.

(My website is currently in development, but on the off-chance you are looking through old posts (hello future readers) my website is www.sjpcomposition.com)

Cheers,

Sam