Help me make sense of this Japanese review?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by baris, Jun 15, 2011.

1. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I noticed that a very detailed-looking review of my app came out. Only problem is - it's in Japanese! I tried Google translate of course, but it only helps so much.

I'm curious to learn roughly what it says (about half of it seems to be just a step-by-step guide of the rules, but I couldn't understand the rest), and especially if it contains any actionable feedback. Can anyone take a look and let me know?

Tix review on Puzzle-App.com

2. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    CEO,Programmer,Uh.. All Thing [ one-man Company :)
    #2 Gguo, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    As I see it says your game is very polished but it's difficult to know where to put cube, where is dangerous spot and how to win.

also he says it is good to have support online match, He can't find other (random) player to play with well. (maybe it's too few people online?)

and he is slightly dissapointed it has only one map.
    he is looking forward to more update.

P.S And thank you for introduce very good site to advertise my new puzzle game :)

3. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Thanks a lot Gguo, and hope the site helps your puzzle game some! I saw it when YouTube added a tag next to my video "as seen on Puzzle-App"
    It does look like a great site, they certainly did some good research, finding a photo of the physical version of the board-game, etc.

(I'll also pm you a paragraph that I just couldn't decipher, hope that's ok)

4. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    That's ok but I am not very good at Japanese either. so it may be better to post it in this thread so other people can see. (If writing japanese is allowed in this forum)

5. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Ok, thanks. I assumed you were a native speaker :)

I'll just copy-paste the Google translation, these are at the very end of the full Japanese text:

"Drawback. Rotate or devoted to other cubes, or put or take the cube side by side, I find it amusing that the game's abstract feel strange, I feel that Boyatto the atmosphere of the game overall what I'm going . Or where to put what where 置Kenai "is dangerous here," or a place, or the victory conditions also difficult to grasp the obvious tips such, I feel it is Doumoji - Innovation. Also I do not know what to do I'm not stuffing stuffing. I'd finish the game at really high, I feel totally refreshed Ito Shina."

And what is this last sentence:
    "Board game strategy is very important to move the cube. "

6. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    #6 Gguo, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
    PM Sent.

But I paste my message to this post so other people can fix my translation.

"It is fun to hit cube,and take other's cube.
    But it is very difficult to know where to put cube,where is dangerous spot.
    I can't even understand I am advantageous position or not, Some tip about how to win not just about rule is necessary. This game is very polished but I am little bit confused."

Last setense means

"Tix is board game about moving cube where strategy is very important"

7. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Yay!

I won versus Hard AI :)

When I read the rule, it seems to be very difficult.
    But after few times of play, I found this game's rule is very straightforward. :D