Shadow Guardian by GAMELOFT

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eXistenT, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    #1 eXistenT, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
    A powerful and precious relic that has been at the center of occult legends for millennia, has become a real threat. Hidden in a remote temple, it is sought after by a group of dangerous mercenaries that want to acquire its power to enslave the rest of the mankind.

There is one hope, and it's you.

Soon on iPhone and iPad
    TRAILER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kcmcroxton

kcmcroxton Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    lol uncharted clone, gotta say i didnt expect gameloft to attempt this one.

3. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    Gameloft, they don't copy. They clone.

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Cool - I've been waiting for a good Uncharted / Tomb Raider clone. :)

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This is literally their most blatant clone yet. Holy crap.

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

If the game is designed well - who cares? ;) :D

But I have to admit - it looks quite familiar...

7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

It's Prince of Halocell

8. V2daJ

V2daJ Member

Aug 23, 2009
    There's also this game called Uncharted...

9. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Wow, even the character's clothes are the same as Nathan's, except the top's blue.

But then again, in Uncharted, you're the one trying to find the treasure.

Anyway, I hope they don't mess this up. As long as it's good, I might pick this up unless there is some element of the undead, as that's going TOO far.

10. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    damn i like TPS games :D

11. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Nice. I don't think we'll ever get an official Uncharted game, so this is the next best thing.

12. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Burried? really? A typo in an announcement trailer. Not impressed.

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Its easy to see Gameloft's reasoning here. :)

14. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Im excited...

Uncharted 1 and 2 were quite awesome and I'm happy to see them (in clone form) coming to the iDevices. It's either a clone, or nothing, and frankly we [iDevice gamers] would take a clone over nothing anyday.

15. kcmcroxton

kcmcroxton Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2010
    i have to give props to gameloft they do produce some great clones, i love dungeon hunter (where the heck is dungeon hunter 2!), and i hope this is great as well. just hope they dont try to make the main character have the same personality as nathan drake lol.

16. g-unit-14

g-unit-14 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    omg so many GAMES coming out cannot wait for them i have soo many PErfect games noww and more coming !

17. HairyPotter

HairyPotter Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    #17 HairyPotter, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
    Gameloft is like the chinese economy, of course standard products are just well made and good, but for special elite products, if you go over a chinese market or in a shop, you see lot's of strangely familiar things and start to recognize which elite brand got covered there. You'll see iPhone clones with almost the exact form factor and be happy oh it's in the color blue I like it so much and then in the end it's a meizu clone with windows CE or something similar. This goes on with cars, machineries, movies etc.

Sure those things function in a way, but nonetheless they are ripoffs in always lower quality. Often companies with licenses/brands/properties THEY original invented are looking helpless at the chinese market and are standing in tears because their original material got raped by the chinese economy. Gameloft represents exactly that chinese economic mentality. "Applause" to you sir for honoring such discusting behaviour from gameloft with every cent you spend on their big games.

That doesn't mean that there are minor good games with original feeling and uniquness, there are some few from gameloft: the Bridge Builder game, block breaker, Castle of magic (Love it!) and even Dungeon Hunter (There where several action RPGs before Diablo)

But still all the other big games from gameloft feel like chinese rip off, they atract you with "Whait a minute... Is this God of War/Gran Turismo/Uncharted/Resident Evil for the iPhone? WOOAAHHHH" and in the end you discover the equivalent under the hood choppy Windows CE system with iPhone skin situation of an hardware manufacture.

18. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Or theyre a company trying to bring the console experience to the iPhone because those large companies don't want to put their games in the app store. I love Gameloft for doing that...they're trying to bring all those popular titles to the iPhone just so that we can have the experience. I don't care if it is not the exact thing. The game is on a phone...of course it's not gonna be the up to par with the console game. But they do such an amazing job bringing it closer and closer.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Nice reply - a point for you. :D

In the most cases, you can't invent the wheel completely new.
    Sure - this looks, smells and feels like Uncharted with a bit Tomb Raider in it, but most games in most genres are already clones. I would even dare to call Uncharted a Tob Raider clone. It was the first of its kind, after that, many clones came. Same with match-3, FPS, Even Aralon reminds me a bit of Gothic or Two Words.

But this, yes, this is a holycrap-howblatant clone.

And if it is well made, fun to play and thrilling, I don't care. I always liked to have an Uncharted clone for mobile gaming.

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

This is what I wanted to say. Exactly.