Any Goldeneye type games (with Proximity Mines and Multiplayer) coming to the iPhone.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by wikoogle, Jul 18, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I'm just thinking back to my childhood for all the great games that have never really been matched by anyone.

Goldeneye is at the top of the list. And Proximity Mines and Multiplayer are two of the big reasons why.

So any such game being made?

Other games I would love to see are Star Fox, Twisted Metal, Zapitalism and a good fun Politics simulation game.

Yes I know that we have FAST. But FAST is no Starfox. It's just a bunch of dog fights. Star Fox was all about arcade, dozens of easy to kill enemies and essentially platforming but in an airplane.

2. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    I doubt the goldeneye game will come sorry. As for the star fox thing i would wait for Aera looks pretty cool and might bring something your looking for.

3. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    If you want a StarFox game, you could try Rebel Onslaught. It's quite a bit like it, but it's pretty hard.

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Actually, I'm sure there is a way to (sort of) play Goldeneye on the iPhone.

There's a Doom app that you can download after jailbreaking it. If you can ssh into the Doom.app folder you can find the doom.wad file. There's a doom 2 mod that was a clone of Goldeneye. Grab that wad and rename it to doom2.wad and stick it in that folder. Im not sure how well this will work as some mods crashed on my iPod 1g. Good luck with it.

5. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I think you're better off waiting for Duke Nukem for your "Golden eye".