App Store Confusion... two versions of the same Program

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by bossman696, Sep 17, 2009.

1. bossman696

bossman696 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Graphic Designer, Commercial Printer
    Alabama
    Can anyone tell me why two versions of the same program might show up?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I created Flight Deck for the iPhone. It took over a month to get approved and released so even though it has only been a week, it says it was released August 10. I have a small update in the works and I saw the thread about changing the release date for the update. Ok, I did that in itunes connect and it populated to the itunes app store. Now if I click the direct link from the manage apps tab in itunes connect it takes me to the updated app page in iTunes and shows Sep 10, the actual release date. But if I click from my company web site it takes me to the OLD page with August 10 as the release date. But get this, if I click on the APP icon from that page in iTunes... it refreshes the page and show the NEW release date and revised info...

Has anybody else seen this?

2. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    are they both your apps?

maybe it is just a caching issue within iTunes / Apple Store that should sort itself out in a few hours or, worst case a day :)

3. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    I checked your webpage link. It goes to the Sept 10th version.

4. bossman696

bossman696 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Graphic Designer, Commercial Printer
    Alabama
    I agree with that....

I think it is cache issues or maybe the servers haven't all updated.... I'm sure we have all done it, but I check the progress of the program OFTEN! Today I noticed we broke into the top 100 paid apps..... I backed out to check the reviews and all of a sudden I have 3 - 1 star reviews.... ... click on a few links and go back to the reviews and it's 1 - 1 star review. A few more clicks back to the top paid APPS and I am now where to be seen.... I check it about an hour later... reviews are back and we are back in the TOP 100....

Very interesting......