Seeing Red

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Brilliant AiRic, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Brilliant AiRic

Brilliant AiRic Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Independent Developer
    Wisconsin
    Seeing Red is a new iOS game I'm finishing up.

It uses the new 3D Touch feature for the iPhone 6s as the core mechanic. The goal is to make Red (the character) jump and grab the floating goodie. Using a hard touch will cause him to jump higher, if he jumps to high, he'll hit a ceiling of spikes, or if he jumps too many times the floor will collapse. Grab as many floating goodies as you can!

I haven't seen a game on the App Store use 3D Touch as a core mechanic. I feel passionate about this being a unique experience. Putting different pressure to make Red react feels good.

I'd love feedback. If anyone has any ideas for additional features or changes I'm all ears.

Here's a short clip to see how the game currently looks:

2. sray

sray Member

Jan 15, 2016
    3D touch base control is interesting game mechanics, but it will not work on my iPhone6 or iPad Air2. Is there any fallback mechanism for older devices?

3. Brilliant AiRic

Nov 5, 2010
    Independent Developer
    Wisconsin
    I really want the core mechanic and focus to be around 3D touch. It's going to be something new, unique, and exclusive. I know that cuts down on the availability across multiple devices, but the new iPhone is just around the corner, so most people will have a devices with 3D Touch soon enough. I also think it's important that the experience will be the same across all supported devices, especially for Leaderboards and Achievements.

4. sray

sray Member

Jan 15, 2016
    alright! That's sounds great, but I will need to wait till iPhone 7.
    When will it be released on appstore?

5. Brilliant AiRic

Nov 5, 2010
    Independent Developer
    Wisconsin
    I don't quite have a release date set yet. I know this doesn't quite give an indications, but once I really feel like the core mechanic is perfectly polished. Definitely before the release of the iPhone 7 lol.