Publisher that supports GameSalad?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by sakis25, Apr 4, 2012.

1. sakis25

sakis25 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    Anyone knows any publisher that supports GameSalad?

2. matador1978

matador1978 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Google is your friend... ;-)

3. VRPgames

VRPgames Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Ireland
    Publishers don't really care how you create your games and apps. They will accept your apps if they are good and can generate revenue for them.:)

4. Photics

Photics Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    GameSalad is software to create iOS and Android apps. The emphasis is on ease-of-use, as there's no coding involved. Instead, drag-and-drop "behaviors" are used.

GameSalad recently made a good move — by lowering the price of Pro Subscription.

GameSalad doesn't have the best reputation though, as a lot of bad games have been made with it. While the software is not perfect, I find it to be pretty powerful. I don't recommend the software if you want your apps to be picked up by a publisher. GameSalad games are not meant to be customized. Only the allowed behaviors are permitted. Instead, I think the software is better suited for beginners... those who absolutely hate to code... or someone that wants to throw a game together rather quickly.

Alternative — but similar — software is Corona and StencylWorks.

5. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    I have started this thread after my personal experience.
    Because I have contacted Chillingo first about my newest game and they liked it and told me to send them a build for evaluation.
    But when I said that the game was developed with GameSalad they said "Unfortunately we can't move forward with this because our crystal platform doesn't support Game Salad".

Thats why I need some help here.

6. sakis25

Apr 27, 2011
    Greece
    The game I'm working on is a new original and very innovative game. Thats why they liked it first.
    How would you tell them to rethink about it?

7. You can't make Crystal work on GameSalad if they don't have an api for it. I've never tried GameSalad for longer than 10 minutes so this is mostly speculation, but since you can't write code then there's no way you can integrate Crystal I would assume.